Getting Into Your Pants: Survey

Stripeness
Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
As you downsize yourself, the time comes when you're no longer too big for your britches. Do you:

A. Carry on my wayward son - the world needs to see more full moons.
B. Take a smaller pair out of storage and wear them, even if they're still a little tight.
C. Cinch up your belt until you're at least 2 sizes smaller, b/c shopping sucks, and what kind of packrat freak even HAS stored clothing?
D. Other (please describe)

TL;DR - How do you pants yourself?

Replies

• MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    D I don't wear any.. :laugh:
    OK let's be serious i think i will go with A but I've same old jeans which i want to fit in and then throw them.
  • Buy smaller pants that barely fit but motivate me to lose enough to make them fit. Then when those fit, I buy smaller pants lol.
  • C-- I'll wear them for as long as they will have me because I'm cheap. Once I begin to look like an extra in a Lil' Wayne video, I'll know it's time to get new ones.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Ha!

A little of each.
    I have now officially under-sized my packed away pants, so I'm on to new
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    I just go naked all the time. Otherwise, what's the point of losing weight?
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    My answer is C.

I've been overweight my entire adult life. The last time I was "skinny" (a size 6/8) was my freshman year of high school, I had let myself go and ballooned up to a size 18/20 my junior year and I stayed there. I fluctuated between size 16-20 until 2 years ago when I joined MFP. So I had no smaller clothes in storage, and I have had to replace my entire wardrobe. That being said I'm poor and belts have become my best friend. My dad has a leather punch, I've had to use it to make my belts even tighter. I've lost 10 clothing sizes now, but I bought smaller clothes 3 times. At a size 16, 12, and now 8.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    C. Because my weight loss is always temporary!
    I also prefer not to wear pants that fit because then people can't tell I have no *kitten* as easily.
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    ummm..... C, definitely C. I'm cheap and don't like to shop very much!
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Once I begin to look like an extra in a Lil' Wayne video, I'll know it's time to get new ones.

And see, there's a specific, measurable metric - NICE!
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Both C and D. I wait until as long as possible, because I HATE shopping, plus I'm cheap as hell. If I have a spare $20 to spend though? Then (D) thrift stores, baby!!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    D. Go shopping & donate my "fat pants" to a thrift store or charity shop. (But "pants" means something completely different at the latter.)
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,211 Member
    D. The year I spent losing 50 pounds introduced me to second hand clothing shops. As I'd move out of one size, I'd pack up the "too big" clothes (I WILL NOT be that size again) take them to Goodwill or Salvation Army and then shop for my new size clothes. The experience was a real eye opener! Many clothes had original tags on them and had never been worn. Wow. Lots of waste. Even though I've long settled into my maintenance size, second hand shopping has stuck. I love the hunt for good deals, and not being wasteful with either money or natural resources is really important to me.
  • aluethi1
    aluethi1 Posts: 97 Member
    C. My work pants right now are way loose, but I have to pay for my own pants and am too cheap to give the company more money when I think they should provide a new uniform every year.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    ...My belt literally has a foot of extra leather from me poking more holes in it. I can't afford new stuff, and the thrift shops here cost as much as new clothes so I'ma keep wearing mine until they fall down or fall off. Which has happened btw.
  • dauvis
    dauvis Posts: 57
    Combination of B&C: Been wearing until they get too baggy but if I have something in storage, I'll use it. Unfortunately, I am running out of things in storage.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Combo of b,c,d. The only pants I wear really are jeans and bootcut boyfriend styles are easy more forgiving than skinny jeans (saggy butt and knees aren't cute!).

My d answer is that I mainly wear dresses and skirts anyway
  • manny1991
    manny1991 Posts: 204 Member
    Im pretty poor, so ive been wearing my pants pretty much until theyre falling off, then I take them in with my sewing machine. Ive been taking my pants in so theyre a little snug, so I can still wear them while I continue to lose. When I reach goal ill just have to hit up value village :-)
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Belt. Not even kidding.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    I buy a single new pair of smaller pants and pack away a couple of pairs of my slightly larger pants. I alternate wearing my newer, snug, smaller pants and 1 slightly larger pair until the smaller pants are less snug; THEN, I pack away the last pair of bigger pants and buy another 1 or 2 pairs of smaller pants.

I only keep jeans that are 1 size larger than my current size.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    C! The new pants I bought are getting a bit loose, I'll probably be in search of 2 sizes smaller in about a month or two. I refuse to buy them more often than I have to.