How many calories do Walk Away The Pounds DVD by Leslie Sans

Options
I just bought Walk Away The Pounds DVD by Leslie Sansone today. I did the 1 mile walk today but I have no idea how many calories I burned. Someone on this site recommended this DVD. It felt great to workout! I haven't worked out in so long. I just wish I knew how many calories to log in that I burned. Does anyone know?

Replies

• Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    It depends on a lot of things, it varies from person to person based on weight/heart rate
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I log it as aerobics but made a new exercise and labeled it Leslie Sansone. At least til I can afford to buy a HRM :)
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I put it under light arobics if I use the resistent bands, other wise its just walking and for how long. I think I put it under the 2 mph one.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    if i'm not slacking between 224-234 calories for 34 minute 2 mile walk with warm up and cool down - i use handweights for some of the time

best to get a HRM
  • deblu
    deblu Posts: 44
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I'll get a HRM. Thats the best way to know exactly how much I'm burning. By the way, where do I get one and how much are they?
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I do Leslie Sansone walks all the time. In fact, it's my number one workout in my exercise log. If I had to guess, I'd say I've done her dvds for maybe 85-90% of all my exercise. All videos are about the same for me: 1 mile or 21 minute walks I burn an average of 220 calories. 2 mile or 32 minute walks I burn an average of 350 calories. 3 mile I burn around 580 and 4 mile I burn 660. :) That's just an estimate of course. I'm about 200 pounds at the moment and I've been burning these averages ever since I started. (And, I DO wear an HRM, so it's pretty damn accurate.) If you've got another question about walkathome DVDs, I think I'm the girl to ask. Lol. But, ask them quick! Because I'm really getting into these Biggest Loser Wii workouts! Haha.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that sometimes I do use 2-pound handweights when I do her videos. The estimates are the still the same though. Maybe 220 without weights, 230 with. Not too much of a difference.
  • funkyspunky871
    Options
    Oh, definitely get an HRM! I have a Polar F6. It's not the most recent model or anything, but it's very easy to use and has everything that an HRM should have. Polar is a big brand name in HRMs if you didn't know already. Anyways, I got mine at ****s Sporting Goods for $100 dollars, but later realized that if I had bought it online, I could have gotten one anywhere from $60 to $80. It's really worth it; I promise you. :) Good luck!
  • deblu
    deblu Posts: 44
    Options
    Thanks! Wow, I didn't realize HRM's were so expensive but I will definitely get one because it's a good investment. Is the 4 mile hard? Oh and I know nothing about brands to sports things, ha. Just started working out. Congrats on losing so much weight! That's awesome! Did you lose it all using this site, if so how long did it take you?
  • funkyspunky871
    Options
    Thanks! Wow, I didn't realize HRM's were so expensive but I will definitely get one because it's a good investment. Is the 4 mile hard? Oh and I know nothing about brands to sports things, ha. Just started working out. Congrats on losing so much weight! That's awesome! Did you lose it all using this site, if so how long did it take you?

The 4 mile isn't too bad really. 1 of those miles is like entirely warmup/cooldown. I've always found that the 3-mile is actually harder. I guess because the version I have includes a lot of arm work above the head, and I tend to go at it with all I've got (unlike the 4 mile where I tone it down a bit).

:) Yep, I lost I lost it all here. I never would have done it without MFP. I'd still be 295... no, probably be higher... without it. It's taken me about 9-10 months. I've had a few weeks where weight came off like crazy due to some gallbladder issues and then surgery.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I'll chime in and say Polar HRM's a great way to track how many calories you burn. I have a Polar FT40M. I got mine through Amazon @ $120ish about a month ago. I now see the same model and it's 160$! I am not sure about the price increase maybe it's because of the upcomming holidays?
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I log it as low impact aerobics and found that the number of calories burned was the same if I would have logged it in as a brisk walk for the same amount of time. So the number felt right for me.
  • YooHoonewyou
    YooHoonewyou Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been logging it as just walking, but it definitely is not just walking. I agree with above. Low-impact aerobics. BTW, I LOVE Walk Away the Pounds. I'm a bit of a cluts when it comes to other videos. I can follow this one. I have the video that has the 3 and the 4 mile walk, I lost my stretchy band and have been using lightweights for the toning segment!
  • SaddyPants
    SaddyPants Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I log it as just walking so I have a more conservative estimate.

I have the 5 mile fat burning walk which does 5 miles in an hour so I log it as walking 5 mph.
  • dollycooper
    dollycooper Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much.you are a life savior.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I log it as low-impact aerobics. I eat back almost all of my exercise calories but try to leave a 100-150 deficit for error. LOVE LOVE LOVE Leslie!
  • dollycooper
    dollycooper Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! 3 mile =580 4 mile = 660 1 mile =220 2 mile = 350, this is if you are 200 plus pound.
  • sissidevore
    sissidevore Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    oh i LOVE her! i love all of her walks, my faves are the 1 mile, 3 mile, and the kid walks! she is so cute, and i love how easy paced it is! :) i was wondering this a little while ago, so i just estimated on how i felt after wards, i weighed 160 last time i did one, and i said a 1 mile was approx 100 calories :)
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM and burn most on the 4 mile fast walk which includes HIIT sessions where you can chose to jog and jump rather than walk - that is around 385 for me and I am 165lbs.
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    if i'm not slacking between 224-234 calories for 34 minute 2 mile walk with warm up and cool down - i use handweights for some of the time

best to get a HRM

/\ about the same. an HRM is very beneficial for cals burned and % you are working at =)
  • ktowler48197
    Options
    Go to Amazon or Target... look up Polar FT4... buy it (the best $60-70 EVER)... wear it... and it will tell you exactly, based on heart rate, height, and weight, what you've burned... it TOTALLY takes the guess work out of weight-loss. Most importantly, it takes all excuses away from you. Good luck...