Over 50 looking for friends to succeed with

Options
I have slowly put on weight over the years and now need to turn it around. I just joined my fitness pal and am excited about the recording support as well as the opportunity to connect with others.

I would love to be in touch with others on the same journey for encouragement and accountability.

Let the journey begin! :)

Lisa

Replies

• Elayne10
    Elayne10 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm over 50 as well and just recently "started again" on MFP. I need friends too and will send you a request! We can do this!
  • LAW12514
    Options
    Thank you, Elayne10! I look forward to the changes ahead as well as the new friends I can see them with.
    I hope you are having a warm Saturday. :)
    Lisa
  • lauriemueller9
    Options
    We can all always use more friends. I am over 50 and sent you both requests.
  • GrandaTina
    Options
    Had a health scare last Wednesday and it is about time I made some changes. Still trying to get rid of excess weight from being on steroids. So had new hair colour today and it is now the first day of healthy eating
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. (I'm way over 50), you can add me if you like. :happy:
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! Sent you a friend request!
  • imjolly
    imjolly Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am 50 and have been logging in regularly. You can add me as a friend. It is great to have friends on here for encouragement. Keep it up and you will see weight loss, it takes time so don't get discouraged. Plus, you will feel so much better. Welcome!!!
  • FattyFatsoMcTubby
    FattyFatsoMcTubby Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Being over 50 won't stop you. You can do this. I'll be rooting for you.
  • dianemaria
    Options
    Hi I just started again myself. Let's help each other to succeed
  • karlajotj
    karlajotj Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 52, any of you can add me if you'd like. I've been off and on track recently and trying real hard to get back and stay on (Menapause issues).
  • ninabean6
    Options
    I am 61 and have to lower cholesterol and Lose weight for health reasons. Frustrated.
  • Machdude
    Machdude Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am 61, but started MFP at 59 and 250 pounds (I'm 6'0"). I got the there the same way as you, gaining a little every year, but hitting 250 was one of those "milestones" that got me to look at myself. I got all the way down to 195, then I started slacking off, not logging religiously, putting off workouts etc. Put a lot off the loss back on. So I'm back, currently at around 220. Looking to get back to "onederland" again! I log in regularly so feel free to ad me if you would like.
  • julie750
    julie750 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 60, just started using mfp. With my family back ground of strokes , diabetis, and heart attacks it is time to eat better and lose at least 40 pounds. I have been trying to count my carbs, drink more water. I was hooked on diet mt dew, especially a fountain drink, I am proud to say it has been 6 days No Mt Dew of any kind!

I would love to be friends with all of you. :)
  • dianelouv
    dianelouv Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Over 50. Just started mfp minutes ago. Also have menopause issues. I have fairly good food habits and used to exercise a lot. Now it's swimming only 3 times a week and I need to do more. Time to succeed!
  • 62smt
    62smt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I turned 52 earlier this month and am nearing the end of my first week with MFP. Please feel free to add me as a friend--we need all of the encouragement we can get! Have a good week, everyone!
  • gigihealthy2
    gigihealthy2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and would like to also be mutually supportive.... After major life changes in my late 40's and early 50's with a divorce, single parenting ..... menopause... move across country ... like many of us I put off being mindful of myself and packed it on to the tune of about 40 pounds. My job is stressful and I realize that I need to build in better balance .... I know that any change needs support and friends along the way. I've started logging just the food I am eating daily to build mindfulness.
  • dietonthego
    dietonthego Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi could use a couple of 50's ladies to lose weight with. Please friend me! Maryann
  • staceyddickson
    staceyddickson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am a 52 year old woman who just joined here about 2 minutes ago. Could really use meeting some people, to make friends, get encouragement and support. Thanks.
  • Linda_9518
    Linda_9518 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I just turned 50 this past December and joined here in early January, so not quite a month yet.

I have always battled my weight and know that I'm at my best when I work out and eat right. After a horrible year (my husband was gravely ill) where I didn't have time to take care of me, I put on quite a bit of weight. I decided now that he's better, it's time for me to get back into shape, so here I am. I started logging my food and working out five days a week.

Please feel free to add me!

Linda
  • agentil
    Options
    I am over 50 and looking forward to making some progress in my eternal goal to lose weight. I use the Striiv app - which is FREE and links nicely to MFP. It offers me encouragement to walk another 100 steps or do 3 more minutes of activity that I find very encouraging. So feel free to add me on either MFP or Striiv.

Adrian