Her body is not perfect.....and I love her for it

Options
13»

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.

Now that I'm a full grown adult I understand how the human body works. But, I wish I had seen stuff like this when I was younger. I had fully defined/visible abs, but I still felt bad if it poked out the tiniest bit when I sat down or breathed in deeply. We see thing so much more clearly in hindsight. And even though I'm better now, my husband tells me I am still too hard on myself and don't see myself the way he and others do, and that someday when I look back I will realize that as well. I enjoyed being pregnant because I felt like I didn't have to worry about my perfect abs anymore while I was pregnant.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Photoshop. Clearly.

Because my belly looks like the "later that same week" photo, and I don't care how much I flex, or how tan it is, it aint going to look like the runway shot in the same week, unless it is faked.

It is the different e between bloated and dehydrated. They do it all the time in bodybuilding.
  • journey_man
    journey_man Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    glamour-lady-gaga.jpg
    So this is the "unrealistically good" picture of lady gaga? How can anyone (1) fail to notice the grotesquely small size of the body (look at the hands!!!), and (2) think this looks good?
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Gaga's face and hair look better than usual there but her body looks deformed, like an alien, or an insect. (No, I'm not body shaming the girl, I'm saying they photoshopped her and/or strapped her into some industrial corset.)
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Ah, we need more of this kind of honesty. Thanks for sharing.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    but I just find that hard to believe. I am not as fit as her runway photo but the difference of my stomach from day to day doesn't look like that much...that's a lot of difference...did she stick the stomach on purpose just to make her point further? I am curious...
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I figure she ate no carbs for a week, did some serious dehydrating, accentuated her ab lines with makeup, pumped things up hard before the runway and barely breathed while on it.

Then had a feast the whole following week from being starved and photographed the bloat from that.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    but I just find that hard to believe. I am not as fit as her runway photo but the difference of my stomach from day to day doesn't look like that much...that's a lot of difference...did she stick the stomach on purpose just to make her point further? I am curious...

I think part or most of it is that she has really bad posture just standing there, lol. So she is kind of sticking it out, but I bet not on purpose. Anyone can let their tummy all hang out and it'll look big. She might want to use those abs to hold her more upright while just bumming around (or whatever she's doing in those pics) :D:D

She was probably bloated, too, yeah. Or at least not extremely dehydrated like for her event.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thanks sara for bringing this. I like how women are applauded for what they do to teach self-acceptance. This is a sacrifice for some women to do this. so thanks, but I am still responsible to accept and love myself as the beautiful, unique individual that I am becoming. And I am 62!
  • _rozamu
    _rozamu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    nice, thanks for sharing