Lies we use to tell ourself

Options

Replies

• toddgaines
    Options
    The two that got me in trouble:

It's genetic, all the men in my family are big so there is nothing I can do about it.

My metabolism is just slow, so again, there is nothing I can do about it.
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    I use to be in good shape/healthy/skinny but then I got married & had kids. :noway:

Guilty - I've used this one :blushing:
  • indianajonex
    Options
    I'm the queen, the real master with "not seeing it, not thinking about it" UNTIL I have to go somewhere and actually dress up.
    Then nothing fancy fits, I have to run, buy something ****ty and be uncomfortable during the whole thing.
    I could be a month without looking at myself at the mirror. I really wonder how I got waxed and got my eyebrows down WITHOUT looking. That's a real wonder. :P
  • morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    lol...I know...I always did the same thing too. My diets always started on a Monday...
  • dbrady102
    dbrady102 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    1: I don't eat anymore than anyone else so why am I fat? - yeah right - after putting it in MFP I can't fool myself with that one anymore.

2: I don't eat any more than I did in my twenties when I was thin and athletic. - HELLO!!! I was to eating more - plus I'm older and when I was in my twenties I ran or did aerobics every day - plus weights so I could get away with eating the little extra I did then. Problem is I ate right along with my husband and we both got bigger.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I hear it and read it all the time: I gotta get this baby weight off. When the kid is 13 years old.
  • Truhvn
    Truhvn Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    1)Tomorrow I will be better.

2)I will sometimes get so frustrated at having to eat healthy that I will just start eating like everyone else. I know I cant do that!!!

3)I have been fat my whole life so I will feel so defeated that I just sometimes do what I shouldn't do. Pity Party basically.

My thoughts exactly...#2 especially...I tell myself "I'm gonna be like EVERYONE ELSE and eat like EVERYONE else does." THing is, I'M THE ONE trying to be healthy so I have to eat like a healthier me and not EVERYONE ELSE. Still, I feel like a pity party sometimes too!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Oooo, I've got a few:

-gosh, getting old sucks. My metabolism has slowed down so much, I gain weight from a carrot. (umm, it's not the carrots that did it)
    -I only have half a thyroid, it must be a medical problem (I really do only have half my thyroid, but it's NOT medical!)
    -well, compared to the rest of the people in my family (or at the beach, or on the cruise, or at the theme park) I look pretty good! (but I could look much better and notice I never compared myself to my thin friends)
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I don't drink, don't smoke, ....junk food is my only vice :smokin:
  • californiajuls
    californiajuls Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I think I have used most of these...but my biggest is "Well I had a baby and babies change your whole body"

1630152.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • kwaters7
    kwaters7 Posts: 129
    Options
    a - That working out wouldn't be fun
    b - If you can hide it under baggy clothing, then it makes it ok
    c- AND TOTALLY, 'next week, i'll quit junk food and beer and get fit, but not today, not right now.....
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    If you aren't in a relationship where someone will actually have to see you naked, then it doesn't matter if you're fit or not.

Everyone gains after college, it's no big deal.

It's okay to have ice cream any time you want it..
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    "My frame is large". Now I know it isn't, but I really believed that before. Now when I look at before pics, I wonder what the hell I was smoking, lol.

:laugh: I could've written this!. :laugh:
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    "My frame is large". Now I know it isn't, but I really believed that before. Now when I look at before pics, I wonder what the hell I was smoking, lol.

:laugh: I could've written this!. :laugh:

Me, too! And yeah, "I'm tall," but NOT 200 lbs of tall!
  • NMay50
    NMay50 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i'll start my diet on Monday....why did I always have to start on Monday? And if I screwed up on Tuesday, I would just wait till the next Monday to start again. Why? I used to think like this for smoking too.

My most used statement....
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I ate a bad meal at lunch so I might as well just pig out at dinner too.
  • NMay50
    NMay50 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i'll start my diet on Monday....why did I always have to start on Monday? And if I screwed up on Tuesday, I would just wait till the next Monday to start again. Why? I used to think like this for smoking too.

My most used statement....

It also helped me sleep at night when all was quiet and the panic of being fat hit...
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    While not a verbalized lie, I refused to weigh myself or get weighed. At a Dr appt, I didn't even want to know the number and kept my back to the scale. I figured that if I didn't know, my weight could be any number I fantasized. The truth, however, was beyond my comprehension. I honestly never thought I was 233 pounds until I saw a picture of me and friends. That was in May. Since then, I've weighed myself weekly without fail or fear!!!
  • padbh
    padbh Posts: 40
    Options
    I will start dieting and exercising after the Holidays- there always seemed to be a Holiday right around the corner- NO MORE !!!!
  • cowpoke06
    Options
    I'll just do today's exercise and tomorrow's exercise tomorrow....(which then I end up doing neither because if I'm not gonna do both, i might as well just do nothing at all.

or...I didn't drink enough water so I'm feeling dehydrated...I better stop working out

or...I had a really bad day/night...I deserve these m&ms and onion rings (today's excuse, but it's def included in my calorie tracker)