If I can do it, so can you!!!

Options
lajuice24
lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
I just wanted to share my journey with you guys. I started this at 323 which was not my heaviest, but when I started this journey it is what I weighed. That was Jan 2011. I saw a picture of myself and honestly I did not recognize myself. I was ashamed and embarrassed that I let it get so far out of control. I was on meds for high BP and I had been for two years. I was tired, run down, and just so disappointed. I decided to get off my butt and get moving. I started walking 20 minutes every day. Worked up to getting enough courage to join and go in the gym. I walked on the treadmill and then again got brave enough to try a step class. That turned into Zumba and I fell in love there. I went from not working out to being in the gym 4-5 times a week. The weight fell off slow but steady. By July I had lost 50 pounds. It has taken me until now to be able to actually see the fruits of my labor. I love being able to cross my legs, buy smaller clothes and feel good when I look in the mirror. I have 13 pounds to go before I reach my goal. My advice? Keep pushing, keep moving. There will be setbacks but you must press through! You can do it!!!:happy:

168095_1507088131319_1657785516_1106248_4976474_n-2.jpg

me3.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

Replies

• SheridanLT
    SheridanLT Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations!!
  • 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Ohhh yeeey there is hope for me too :) ... That is amazing.. you look like a different person! What did you eat of ypu dont mind me asking ?
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Awesome job girl! :flowerforyou:
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Amazing thank you for sharing.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    "I love being able to cross my legs, buy smaller clothes and feel good when I look in the mirror."

You look wonderful, keep going to goal. I love the comments about, especially the joy of being able to finally cross one's legs.

You still have that beautiful smile, but the glow and look is your eyes shows that you are so close to the mountain that you set to climb.
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Good job, you are very inspiring!
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing job! Thank you so much for sharing, you are truly an inspiration!

Good luck to everyone in their continued fitness goals!!!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Outstanding accomplishments ....... enjoy your happy, healthy new life !

GoGranny.gif
  • fatfluffyc3
    Options
    you look beautiful! thank you for sharing your success story! :smile:
  • mg_89
    mg_89 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    absolutely amazing!! Way to go!
  • Just_Kim_
    Just_Kim_ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!
  • lacar60299
    lacar60299 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great!
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    WOW !! Nicely done ! :)
  • hanbax012
    hanbax012 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! x
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look marvelous!!! Your weight loss story is so inspiring!!!
  • Spicei21
    Options
    I know just how you feel. I have myself just recently started changing my life. I started my journey back in Oct. 2011 and was 295 pounds as of today I am down 110 pounds. I look back at the pictures of myself and I am ashamed of how I let myself go over the years. I look at myself today and feel like I am in a strangers body but I love how I can now shop in a regular store and not have to buy plus sizes anymore. It is time for me and my husband to get pictures down because I am ready to show off all the hard work I have done and want others to see if I can do it so can they. Thanks for sharing your story and the pictures of your changes. You look amazing. Keep up the hard work.
  • breakhearts
    breakhearts Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You're phenomenal! :)
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Totally and utterly amazing! Good Job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!