what 200 calories looks like

Options

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but that sort of thing is silly in my opinion. If you care about what calories you are eating, then you already know all of that. Plus, I can fit in just about anything I want into my calories since I don't do too drastic of a cut.
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Except vegetables and bread, eggs I've cut all the other 'food'.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    That was an interesting site. Thanks for sharing!
  • breakhearts
    breakhearts Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I really liked that. Thanks for sharing OP. :)
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but that sort of thing is silly in my opinion. If you care about what calories you are eating, then you already know all of that. Plus, I can fit in just about anything I want into my calories since I don't do too drastic of a cut.

Notice she didn't say 'don't eat those foods that don't take up a whole plate?' She posted a link. With some nice pictures. Some people are new and visuals definitely help for a lot of them.

Thanks for the site. It's a great reminder so when we are looking at a serving we're remembering how small or how large it can be depending on what it is.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    you had to learn it somewhere though, didn't you? For people who don't know or are just learning how to eat foods in healthy portions, this is a good dose of reality.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Some of these are wildly inaccurate or misleading. It takes a hell of a lot of celery to get to 200 calories. That picture MIGHT be 50-80 calories.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Like this...

snickers.jpg