For the nerds in you! TDEE estimation, with graphs :)

Options

Replies

• PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I love this post.
  • katzba
    katzba Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    wow...impressive!
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I love it.
  • greengnome1977
    greengnome1977 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    wow!! that's really cool! very informative :) I'm impressed! thanks!
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    bump to try to figure this out later...this is going to take more brain power than I have access to right now.
  • Armagan123
    Armagan123 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Love it! I'd really like to adapt this for my own use, but need some help. Now for us data idiots--how do you change to inches/pounds. (pretend you're explaining it to a 5 year old!) And what else would I need to change besides starting date, weight and age?
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Love it! I'd really like to adapt this for my own use, but need some help. Now for us data idiots--how do you change to inches/pounds. (pretend you're explaining it to a 5 year old!) And what else would I need to change besides starting date, weight and age?

To change to pounds you can just copy the formula for BMR in pounds (that's on the right side of the spreadsheet) and paste it in the first cell of the BMR column and then drag the cell down till the end of the column (to replace the old formula that's in kg). You need to change the dates, age, height, daily weigh-ins, calories in, calories from exercise and exercise duration for each day.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Here I thought I was a geek! This is a great post. I'm posting, so I can find it again.:flowerforyou:
  • sphira
    sphira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dantb32
    dantb32 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Love this stuff. I worry I could get obsessed with the numbers though. I guess there's worse things to be obsessed with.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Bumping to fully digest later. (And, I thought that I was all geeky and nerdy with my spreadsheets. LOL!)

Very Cool! Thank you for sharing this with us, O.P.
  • angefit2014
    Options
    Hi OP are you still around?

Could you share how you posted your graphs?

Can't seem to get any to load...

Thanks - and great thread...
  • charliehefferon
    charliehefferon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Bump for reading later!! I LOVE SPREADSHEETS!!!! :glasses: :glasses: :glasses:
  • Aries03
    Aries03 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AmyBinthe603
    AmyBinthe603 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    wow. This is amazing.. I sent the link to myself at work so when I'm bored later I can spend more time on this! Amazing!

Isn't excel just the best thing !!??:smile::smile:
  • gordan1972
    gordan1972 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Grat work nelinelineli
  • bigboyhealth
    Options
    I do something similar. There is one point I'd like to hear your thoughts on. I personally believe the 3500 calories to 1 pound or 7700 calories to 1 kilogram is too oversimplified because some percentage of your weight loss will be muscle loss. Depending on the calorie deficit you are using and the types of exercise you are doing, the amount of muscle loss could be anywhere from 8% to 30% - which is quite a large range. Any thoughts on how you could incorporate that into your graphs for more accurate predicted theoretical weight loss?