Encouragement needed

Options
Hi i am at the start of what feels like a very long journey, 70lbs to loose. I am 58, vegetarian and this is my last chance to get back to my old self. I know the only person i cheat when i come of plan is myself but my will power is not always strong enough to resist temptation. Looking for like minded MFP friends to give and receive encouragement and share meal ideas

Replies

• sausens
    sausens Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I added you! The journey's a lot easier with a companion so you're on the right track. You can do it! :)
  • Sztheday
    Sztheday Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I added you too. Would love to share mutual support on this weight loss journey.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Eat "good" or "clean" or "healthy" (whatever those words mean to you) 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to binges.

Prelogging your food can help you stay on track. All your good choices are already made for you.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants
  • Shar_ncfl
    Shar_ncfl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I have 70 lbs to go but, have lost 32 lbs on MFP so far so I know for me it's a great tool. I too need support and motivation on this journey. I will add you.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Hi i am at the start of what feels like a very long journey, 70lbs to loose. I am 58, vegetarian and this is my last chance to get back to my old self. I know the only person i cheat when i come of plan is myself but my will power is not always strong enough to resist temptation. Looking for like minded MFP friends to give and receive encouragement and share meal ideas

While there is breath in the body there are more chances. It took me a year and a week to reach my initial goal. I made friends, learned new habits, and discovered that mistakes aren't "fatal" along the way. This is a terrific site. I'm at goal and still here. I plan to keep on counting calories and logging my food forever. Good luck to you.
  • MRL_74
    MRL_74 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Added you! I'm trying again, too... with about the same amount to lose. :)
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    As long as we keep on trying and never give up, I believe that we WILL one day arrive at our destination. Kudos to you for continuing to work on achieving your weight loss goals!!! I wish you well on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • leaner426
    Options
    Hey it's never your last chance. You'll really stress yourself out if you put that kind of pressure on yourself. Don't look ahead and think you have to deal with all 70 pounds at once. Look at each day and try to do better than you did before you started MFP. Focus on how eating more fiber, less fat and sugar in a day affects your projected 5 week weight loss. Dove candy looks less appealing when you realize you will weigh five pounds more in five weeks if you eat that way every day (at least that's true for me.)

You don't have to resist temptation, just try to control it and plan for it if you can. There are a lot of ways to do that: 1) find substitutions you can be satisfied with; 2) work out extra so you can have the temptation; 3) have a strategy for how to avoid temptation (at a family gathering, focus on the people and conversations and plan how you will deal with people pushing food on you); 4) give yourself an occasional day where you won't worry about it.

Feel free to add me if you want.
  • At3w3ight
    Options
    I can relate. I have 70 lbs to go but, have lost 32 lbs on MFP so far so I know for me it's a great tool. I too need support and motivation on this journey. I will add you.

Congrats on already losing 32 lbs!!! That is motivation enough for me, just being able to meet and read that MFP works!!!
  • tecobird
    tecobird Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I made a page on facebook about my journey. www.facebook.com/tecosdiet Check it out, hope it can help :)
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Lets talk about temptation. Lets talk about a 350+ paramedic (me) working emergency communications in a Level I Trauma Hospital in Kansas where all the nurse celebrate EVERYTHING. "Emily got engaged---SOMEONE BAKE A CAKE!" "Bobby passed his state board exam---SOMEONE GET A BARREL OF ICE CREAM!" "I just saw the first snowflake of the season---SOMEONE MAKE A KETTLE OF CHILI!" "Allison is pregnant---SOMEONE SMOKE A BISON!" I can safely say that with each passing week, something is celebrated here and it is ALWAYS with food. I was told (again) yesterday that there was a carrot cake in the fridge that was described as "%#$&*ing awesome" and I managed to avoid it 2 days in a row!
    It can be done. It is challenging and ongoing, BUT IT CAN BE DONE. Hop on board and we'll get ur done!!!
  • imjolly
    imjolly Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You can do this. I look at MFP as a way of life. When I stopped using it I immediately went back to eating more calories than I needed. Now I use MFP daily and will continue to do so. It has made me accountable for what I put in my mouth and encourages me to exercise. When I see my friends on MFP post their workout that also motivates me to get off my lazy rear and hit the pavement or gym.
    As for recipes I get healthy recipes from Pinterest, there are so many plus it is always nice to try need recipes. I add vegetables to almost everything I eat.
  • toomanireasons
    Options
    I added you ! We will be right here together ! I am not vegetarian, but have fallen in love with vegetables, and am learning how to cook them and make them quite delicious. I am 48 and have about 80 pounds to lose. I know the time is now and I am determined and focused right now. It feels good !! You will be so proud of yourself one week from now and feel so good about the choices you have made. I am here for you and believe you can do this !
  • DancingJester
    DancingJester Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good for you, my mums doing the same and she’s only a few years younger than you.
    What I’ve done is make a meal plan chart. I have a 2 week chart of what meal I will eat on each day, so its not too restrictive I put about 3 meal option (all about the dame calorie) and choose which one I’ll have for this day, that means I can wok out exactly how many calories I can have at breakfast and lunch and if I can have a snack based on how many calories are in me dinner. I have one day every 2 weeks that I can skip over (if I’m going out or invited anywhere ext) where I can follow my maintenance calories. (I will only take this day if I am invited out, if I’m not I will just follow my chart).
  • cinabunnie2012
    cinabunnie2012 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I added you also. I would love more encouraging friends also! ;)
  • Chance535
    Chance535 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as I also have 50+ lbs to lose.