To Log or NOT to Log...on Thanksgiving day...

Options
..that IS the question...I have for you! Ha ha!

I was just curious how many of you were logging your calories versus not logging your calories. How many of you are taking a break/keeping an eye on it versus continuing to track everything on Thanksgiving day? I've seen several different threads regarding the topic and I was wondering myself!

What are you going to do?

Replies

• lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    don't log - no use and it will just take the joy out of family and food...

just be sensible, no seconds on mains or desserts, you can have seconds on veggies or healthier choices

enjoy!
  • mybutterflower
    mybutterflower Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm going to log....or at least try as best I can since I won't be able to tell exactly how each dish was made. I'm probably going to hit the gym that morning too to act as a buffer just in case :tongue:
  • JosephTucker
    Options
    I think we all need a cheat day every once in a while....:) from logging.....
  • MaggieGiamalvo
    MaggieGiamalvo Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Log it. I did for the Halloween celebration at my Aunt and Uncle's and I still managed to lose that day.
  • rokikio
    Options
    I like having somewhat of a clue of what I put in my mouth. Logging is what keeps me motivated and on track. Even though it's Thanksgiving, I am going to log.
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    Out walking today I was contemplating this very same thing. Not planning on all Hell breaking loose and I am going to stay in control but wasn't planning on bringing my scale either.....the dilemma of it all :P

my plan of action for the day:

1. eat breakfast
    2. doing a turkey day 5k (walk/jog)
    3. sensible portions at dinner
    4. a few beers for the Jet game:drinker:

gonna try and log so I stay the course, I guess :bigsmile:
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Not logging... only the following days when I plan on having leftovers in moderation w/ exercise to hopefully offset the damage!
  • sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm logging... even if I go way over. I know that I need to hold myself accountable, even on the worst days.
    I also entered a 5k that morning to give myself a few extra calories :) .
  • tymberwolf
    Options
    I was just thinking about this, I'm definately going to log because I don't want to lose my "tymberwolf20 has logged for X days in a row...." but I am going to work out in the morning to create a buffer.

I did have one idea, so as not to take the fun out of it, I may just be sure to eat sensible, but "quick add" just a large number of calories....

Jenn
  • rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I think we all need a cheat day every once in a while....:) from logging.....

So right there with you. I have done amazing this week and plan to do amazing until thursday. On Thursday I am free free free! No counting no logging no exercise. Friday it is right back to the grind though. I plan to do the same for Christmas.
  • chrissy_824
    chrissy_824 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm logging in. I've already told myself to eat small portions and no seconds. Plus I'm participating in my 1st turkey trot (5k run/walk) this year so I'm hoping that'll help keep my weight in check.
  • dietdebo
    Options
    DEFINITELY going to log, otherwise I'll take too much advantage of knowing I'm not accountable for that day.
  • paulagabay
    Options
    I probably won't log dinner as I will be home late and as somebody else said it is hard to log when you don't know what is in the food but I do plan on working out a couple hours before going to my sister in laws house.
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Most definitely logging everything and exercising that morning and making sure I at least don't go over my basal metabolic rate. Even I know that if I stuck with my everyday 1300 I'd go over so I'm trying to be more realistic.
  • Flemstica
    Flemstica Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm not logging or even thinking about it, lol! I'm just going to enjoy myself and get back on track the next day.
  • lxkirk95
    Options
    I will not log in. But, I will control what I eat. Just one extra piece of sweet potatoe pie. Back in the gym EARLY the next morning!!:smile:
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I will most definitely log it all. I will also make smart choices and measure everything. I will NOT deny myself anything I want to eat though. Just need to be able to see how I did after the fact.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I will be...even if I'm over for the day. I still want to know how bad it is : )
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm going to log just to see what I ate, but I already know I'm going to go way over. My Mac & Cheese alone is 800 calories a serving, and I'm sure I'm going to have 2 servings. But I do plan on working at for 2 hours in the morning, so I'm hoping this will offset some of the food.
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    To Log or NOT to Log...on Thanksgiving day...

Abso-freaking-lutely. I'm not here to lie to myself.