any tips on how to lose 15 -20 pounds in 45 days please

Options
I am 5'5 and 170 pounds I would love to be in the 150 - 155 range by march 10th I do high pace cardio zumba twice a week and im eating about 2000 calories a day but my weight is not moving at all =( please help :sad:

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    To lose 20 pounds in 8 weeks, given your starting weight, you'd basically have to stop eating for about 5 of those 8 weeks.

A more realistic goal would be appropriate.
  • destinationfit888
    Options
    I think you may need to reduce your calorie intake. If you want to be 150-155 pounds you would need to reduce your intake to 1,500-1,550 calories a day. Hope this helps!:smile:
  • Mkstehle
    Mkstehle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Do you weight lift? That will burn more calories during the day but it will also,help shrink you. May not lose as much as you want, but you will get slimmer.
  • epicdorgon
    Options
    It really depends on how big you are at the start. I was 250lbs or something, and I lost nearly 17kg in 2 months. The healthy way. So you could probably do the same. I do cardio 1 hour per day (high intensity) and weights for another hour. Just eat healthy.

Drop your caloric intake down to about 1500 at least. :)
  • merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' 175lbs, and I know that I will not lose weight eating 2000 cal/day. I'm set at 1400 cal/day (plus a little extra for exercise) to lose ~1lb/week. Up your workouts (30 min 5x/week?) and cut back to about 1500 calories and you may start to see results. Realistically, you could see 10 lb loss before early march? But with strength training (interval or circuit) you will see physical changes beyond the scale, too.
  • slurperella
    slurperella Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' 175lbs, and I know that I will not lose weight eating 2000 cal/day. I'm set at 1400 cal/day (plus a little extra for exercise) to lose ~1lb/week. Up your workouts (30 min 5x/week?) and cut back to about 1500 calories and you may start to see results. Realistically, you could see 10 lb loss before early march? But with strength training (interval or circuit) you will see physical changes beyond the scale, too.

I do 1200 calories a day on days I don't work out then 1500 on days I do I started last week and I have only lost 2 pounds I know that's realistic for me but im looking to burn more and all my weight is in my hips and waist and thighs =(
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    A realistic goal is .5 lb. per week. Log everything you eat accurately & honestly. Find reliable database entries. (There's a lot of incorrect data in there.) Weigh your food. Log your exercise, and eat back your exercise calories. If you're still not losing, eat back half your exercise calories.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Why the deadline?
  • slurperella
    slurperella Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    vegas lol I lost a lot of weight before 2 summers ago I got down to 135 pounds and i went back up to 178 and this time around I would love to be around 150
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I suggest starting earlier next time.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Not possible unless you starve yourself. And 2000 a day might be close to maintenance if all you're doing is zumba twice a week... try 1500.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

I do 1200 calories a day on days I don't work out then 1500 on days I do I started last week and I have only lost 2 pounds I know that's realistic for me but im looking to burn more and all my weight is in my hips and waist and thighs =(

You started last week and have already lost 2 lbs?? I don't understand what the problem is.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I suggest starting earlier next time.

^^This.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Shakes head ... really. I just don't get it ... but let me guess, 20 year old girl meeting internet boyfriend. ;-)

Vegas .. really ??? Still shaking my head in amazement. I think I have heard it all now. But thanks OP for the entertainment.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I suggest picking the limb you like the least.

in all seriousness though, please reconsider that short deadline.
  • mzwint
    mzwint Posts: 1
    Options
    thats not so drastic of a goal..thats 2 pounds a week. normal healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week...if she focuses, cuts the white carbs, increase water, and drop the calories a bit, its totally do-able:tongue:
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Last week I ate 1200 calories a day and felt so sad I could barely move and I got ill. For all that effort I lost one pound.
    This week I upped my calories to 1440, did a variety of exercises from hot yoga, hot pilates, 30DS and elliptical (6 out of 7 days) and I lost 3 pounds.
    It's simple eat at a sustainable amount and get moving!

P.S. 1 pound is still a great loss. Be patient
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    thats not so drastic of a goal..thats 2 pounds a week. normal healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week...if she focuses, cuts the white carbs, increase water, and drop the calories a bit, its totally do-able:tongue:
    She only has 15–20 lbs. to lose. The closer one is to goal, the more slowly one loses.

OP, it's better to lose some weight in 45 days than none. If you walk a lot in Vegas, you might even lose during your vacay. Then get back to logging accurately & honestly when you get back, and you might reach goal by summer.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    What are you planning to do in Vegas weighing 150lbs that you can't do weighing 170lbs?
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I would have been disappointed if someone hadn't suggested amputation!