2.5 pounds gone overnight

Options
I was the one yesterday who was having a meltdown because I had worked out for the week straight and kept food logged, careful track of calories and had no weight loss for the week.

Last night I noticed that (this may be TMI for some, if so skip it) I had ketones in my urine. I of course Googled it and went "hhhm" and went to bed. This morning I got up and have been peeing non stop. I weighed in at down 1.5 pounds first thing, then just now after drinking a few big glasses of water and also coffee (and also peeing every 5 minutes it seems!) down another pound. That is a LOT of water retention.

Just wanted to share for those of you who have been discouraged by no results and also to say thanks to those who said keep on and be patient ;)

Gotta pee, see ya!

Replies

• 000Linda000
    000Linda000 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Haha, that is a lot of water!!! happy for you though, I don't think this will be a good long term plan. But I agree, sometimes I feel like I'm doing everything right and not see much result.
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I read something that a person could be actually losing weight but the cells get replaced by water, and next thing you know whoosh you lost weight.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    That would be known as a 'woosh'. Sometimes the body hangs onto water for whatever reason. This is why we always say weight loss is not linear, and stick to what you are doing for at LEAST 3 weeks because sometimes it takes that long to see the actual result of a tweak.
  • Fassopony
    Options
    I read that about working out, especially super unfit types, the muscles retain water. I am super unfit! But, I am naturally pretty strong so I don't find beginner type stuff that challenging so I keep on. Perhaps even though I felt fine, I was overdoing? I think that is fine.