BodyMedia FIT

Options
I have been using mine for almost a month. I really like it. My deficit almost always goes alone with the weight I loose. Sometimes thought it will say I only worked out for 1 minute and I know I did more than that and I know my HR was way up.

Anyways.. just wanted to know if any of you used one and how has it worked for you?

Replies

• brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    bump
  • frmrdtr
    frmrdtr Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've been using BMF for almost two years now and LOVE IT! I am addicted to the dang thing. I love knowing how many steps I've taken, what my calorie chart looks like and my sleep pattern. Can't live without it now.... Enjoy! :glasses:
  • brittaney0625
    Options
    Awesome!! Glad to hear you love it!
    My sleep pattern SUCKS. It needs some attention.

I love the steps and being able to look at the chart that shows my calories burned per minute.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    How does one give one's attention to one's sleep pattern?
  • brittaney0625
    Options
    Here is more info on that..

http://www.bodymedia.com/the_science.html
  • brittaney0625
    Options

& one of the many studies done..

http://www.bodymedia.com/Professionals/Key-Publications/Abstract-presented-at-SLEEP-2006-20th-Anniversary-Meeting-of-the-AOSS-2006
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    My BMF doesn't read my sleep pattern accurately.. it doesn't bother me.. It shows that I am up out of bed for like an hour every night when I know I am not. I think I sleep in some weird position that my BMF isn't making contact.
  • DavPul
    Options

That's how the device tracks and reports sleep patterns. I'm already aware of that. How you plan to modify it is what I'm curious about.
  • brittaney0625
    Options

That's how the device tracks and reports sleep patterns. I'm already aware of that. How you plan to modify it is what I'm curious about.

My sleep was way off.. staying up wayyyyyyy to late and having to get up early.. or being lazy and sleeping in till noon..

I have been making an effort to make sure I get at least 8 hours of sleep and to not sleep to long past that as it makes me more tired.
  • brittaney0625
    Options
    My BMF doesn't read my sleep pattern accurately.. it doesn't bother me.. It shows that I am up out of bed for like an hour every night when I know I am not. I think I sleep in some weird position that my BMF isn't making contact.

That sucks.. mine seams to be right on.. it shows where I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and watch tv for an hour and fall back asleep..
  • Bluizflame
    Bluizflame Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love my BMF! I just got it a lil over a month ago. I only take it off to charge it, and that's usually when i'm in the Shower.

I don't use it to keep track of my sleep though. I use my FitBit for that. The BFM seems to be WAY off because i have a 'weird' sleep pattern. I rarely go to bed at the same time, because i work the night shift. I have it set to say i'm asleep from 10a - 9p because i generally sleep sometime in that time frame. However, when i went on vacation i forgot to change the setting to a 11p - 8a window and it had my sleep all sorts of screwed up! I like the FitBit better because i can say "i'm going to sleep now, and i'm waking up now" and it tracks my sleep when i tell it to. I also hate how the BMF says i'm asleep when i'm just laying on the couch watching TV!
  • SophiaWright7
    Options
    sounds like a great tool. I'm on the fence to get either this or a FitBit..
  • DavPul
    Options

My sleep was way off.. staying up wayyyyyyy to late and having to get up early.. or being lazy and sleeping in till noon..

I have been making an effort to make sure I get at least 8 hours of sleep and to not sleep to long past that as it makes me more tired.

Fair enough. I understand now. Thank you
  • Amiwil
    Amiwil Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    sounds like a great tool. I'm on the fence to get either this or a FitBit..

Yeah I'm torn between this and the fit bit. The arm band looks uncomfortable. And does it fit on fat arms lol like mine?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my BMF. It is so accurate it is scary. I don't care about the armband because IDGAF what anyone else thinks.
  • Amiwil
    Options
    I LOVE my BMF. It is so accurate it is scary. I don't care about the armband because IDGAF what anyone else thinks.

Ummm...I think you misread my question....I could give a fuk less about people's thoughts, I just wanted to know if it was comfortable and fit on fat arms.
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Yes. I've had a Fit Link for a few years and use it periodically. I find it very accurate for a daily calorie burn but not great for targeted moderate and low intensity workouts. For high intensity cardio workouts (my experience is limited to running), it's very accurate, IMO.

It seems to even out overall, at the end of the day, even with inaccurate workout data.

I also find my weight loss on par with the Fit numbers.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Ummm...I think you misread my question....I could give a fuk less about people's thoughts, I just wanted to know if it was comfortable and fit on fat arms.

Wasn't responding to you sweetie. If I was I would have quoted you. I don't have fat arms so I can't answer your question. :flowerforyou:
  • brittaney0625
    Options
    I have a bigger arm and have the medium band.. it fits me just fine. I was wearing it high up on my arm and had issues with it falling off. i wrote to them and they told me that as long as the logo was towards my shoulder and it was above my elbow it would be fine. So i wear it like an inch above my elbow and I keep track of when I do my activities and it seams to log the accurate time and intensity. My weight loss really does correlate to what my defiect.
  • Amiwil
    Options
    I have a bigger arm and have the medium band.. it fits me just fine. I was wearing it high up on my arm and had issues with it falling off. i wrote to them and they told me that as long as the logo was towards my shoulder and it was above my elbow it would be fine. So i wear it like an inch above my elbow and I keep track of when I do my activities and it seams to log the accurate time and intensity. My weight loss really does correlate to what my defiect.

Thanks brittaney,I think I'll just give this a try. Did you buy it online or in store?