excersice counter, its got to be off, yeah?

Options
Finished up my sunday cleaning, 4 hours non stop, scrubbing the bathrooms, running around picking up toys and changing bedding, I was sweating the whole time, vigorous cleaning, sure. but it says ive burned 1,387 calories. that cant be right.... can it?

Replies

• davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    It depends on your weight - 350 an hour seems a little high to me but if you kept constantly on the move for 4 hours you would have burned a lot. This is if you kept constantly on the move. If you stopped and had a coffee or had a rest then I would take this out of the time.
  • seasonsanna
    Options
    the only times I really stopped were to fold a load of laundry and dig thru the linen closet. huh.
    im really fat so I guess maybe that's why? (5'6" 250 lbs, how embarrassing!)
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    was this a spring cleaning or is this a cleaning you do every Sunday?

If you do it every Sunday then it should fit into your activity factor, if it is a once off I personally would add only 200 -300 cals to my daily allowance .

The thing is that if I raise my activity factor from sedentary to lightly active I get like 150 extra calories a day. If I log all my activities like cleaning, cooking, taking kids to school, shopping I get an extra 1200 calories. Considering that I am right on target for my projected loss the 150 calories are much closer to target then the 1200, in fact I would gain weight if I'd eat them back.
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I think MFP's calorie burn count is on the high side of reality. When I ate all my exercise calories back during a former MFP membership, I gained weight. Now I'm trying to keep my calories lower than 1600 regardless of exercise; I think that will work better for me.
  • seasonsanna
    Options
    was this a spring cleaning or is this a cleaning you do every Sunday?

If you do it every Sunday then it should fit into your activity factor, if it is a once off I personally would add only 200 -300 cals to my daily allowance .

The thing is that if I raise my activity factor from sedentary to lightly active I get like 150 extra calories a day. If I log all my activities like cleaning, cooking, taking kids to school, shopping I get an extra 1200 calories. Considering that I am right on target for my projected loss the 150 calories are much closer to target then the 1200, in fact I would gain weight if I'd eat them back.

I clean every sunday, but sometimes its just light work (laundry, toy clean up, sweeping, quick mopping, etc.) and sometimes its heavy like today. I for sure don't think I should eat back much, like you said maybe 200 - 300. im losing really well, BUT I had a bit of a binge yesterday and went over my calories (period time, ugh) so I feel like maybe this will help to even things out?
  • Turntec22
    Options
    Fitness tracker or from MFP? Supposedly MFP exercise is off. I use a tracker so I don't know