Insanity buddies?

Options

Replies

• MysticTrev
    Options
    Today was Day 22 of Insanity for me. Yes, its brutal and some days you just don't wanna do it. But push through it and in the end you will be happy you did. It gets easier day by day. I will be honest....The first 2 weeks are the worst! Ill add you!
  • TheITCrowd1
    Options
    How can I estimate how many calories burned with sanity check?

I think as a general rule, calories don';t mean a huge amount with this thing - essentially if you are doing this and succeeding the excercises the lbs are going to fall off i think.

get measurements of your waist, bust, hell even do your neck. fat is falling off fast here, start waist size was 34' - my trousers feel loose - my waist is shrinking fast

Just finished day 4 - cardio recovery

Day 3 is a killer, that cardio resistance is very painful -

my calves are burning up! might be a good idea to do specifically some calf stretching before you begin the warmup! ive noticed there is no calf stretch in the warmup session and alot of these excercises are torturing theb ack of your legs - particularly when he does Basketballs, Jumping squats etc one after the other

if anyones about to attempt this one just do a stretchof this area to ward off the inevitable pain!

xo good luck Insanityers
  • TheITCrowd1
    Options
  • TheITCrowd1
    Options
    Yay! We have a small little support group of happy sweaty determined people. :) happy days are here to stay!

Make sure before you do Day 3 you do a specific calf stretch! i was walking like a cripple all day on my 4th day and had to get someone to massage my muscles out - it was agonising.

your off to a good start -- Good luck newly found chum x We will all get there together x
  • TheITCrowd1
    Options
    I also started insanity recently. Would love some support! Please add me if you like. Thanks :)

Thanks for the add Karch! everyones working towards a common goal here -- let us know your experiences! also i was thinking maybe we should do some kind of group skype thing where we all do it together - not sure how it could work but maybe we should look into it?
  • brooookeexo
    brooookeexo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Tomorrow is fit test #2 for me. So day 15! It's definitely a rough workout, and i personally have to take a ton of breaks, but i know it will be worth it! I got through about 35 days last time (around a year ago) and saw great results.
  • Rohit2350
    Options
    Hi All,

I have just started insanity and those power jumps really sting the feet on set 3.

Any advise on what shoes are everyone else uses?
  • amandahowze1
    amandahowze1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends who have done really well on insanity. I'm planning on purchasing within the next couple of weeks. Good luck:smile:
  • gstacey82
    gstacey82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I completed day 2 yesterday and ended up lying on the floor afterwards shaking for 5 mins... I can't walk properly today and all of my collegues are too busy laughing at me to do any work. The only way I can get down the stairs today is backwards! I am struggling to do pushups... I actually managed to face plant myself, so not only am I walking like a 90 year old I also have a split lower lip.... Not the best look! haha

I am loving it though... just can't wait to be able to walk down the stairs forwards!
  • Matt_C_195
    Matt_C_195 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I completed day 2 yesterday and ended up lying on the floor afterwards shaking for 5 mins... I can't walk properly today and all of my collegues are too busy laughing at me to do any work. The only way I can get down the stairs today is backwards! I am struggling to do pushups... I actually managed to face plant myself, so not only am I walking like a 90 year old I also have a split lower lip.... Not the best look! haha

I am loving it though... just can't wait to be able to walk down the stairs forwards!

Was laughing - hopefully WITH you! - at your story... it sounds so familiar! Great to hear that you're not discouraged!
  • brdeskins
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am actually starting the Insanity back up again today. I did it almost completely through this past summer and lost about 25lbs, so it does provide some nice results if you stick with it. However, I ended up in the hospital back in August with a colon infection and lost 30 lbs in a month, not so good. Since then I have just been lazy and haven't worked out at all and with an office job its easy to gain weight. I'm also going to pick up a Polar FT7 hrm to help accurately gauge how many calories are getting burned during the workouts. I'm bittersweet about starting it back. Looking forwards to getting back in shape but not the lying on the floor unable to move/breathe after the videos! Good luck to everyone. Feel free to add me.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm getting back to Instanity today... I have picked it up many time but I always get side tracked with the millon other things I have going on in my life... but today is the start of a new me... I can't wait to do the fit test tonight..
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just started insanity yesterday (i did a round of insanity about a year and a half ago) and yesterday totally kicked my butt!! I almost threw up twice but kept pushing! The last time I did insanity it got me in great shape and I was so proud that I was able to finish one of the hardest workouts ever created! I felt like I could do anything because of it! :) I'm really looking forward to getting that feeling back and getting myself back on track with being healthy!
  • TheITCrowd1
    Options

Day 2 and 3 are hard .. the warmup doesnt include calf stretches so imho do these just before pressing play seperatelt, your legs will thank you for it the next day! good luck x
  • dabucks
    dabucks Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Day 2 and 3 are hard .. the warmup doesnt include calf stretches so imho do these just before pressing play seperatelt, your legs will thank you for it the next day! good luck x

I second the stretches before the workouts. I didn't do that the first week and my calves and quads were aching a lot. The stretches have helped.

Anyone doing insanity feel free to add me!
  • gstacey82
    Options

Was laughing - hopefully WITH you! - at your story... it sounds so familiar! Great to hear that you're not discouraged!

My thighs are fine today so can just about get down the stairs... however my calves are like lead my stride length is about 6 inches :S Despite that I'm not discouraged... yet!

Although I did have second thoughts first thing this morning, as the mile walk to work from the train station was quite embarrassing... I got over taken by 2 little old ladies with zimmer frames who stopped and asked if I was ok!

:-D
  • gstacey82
    Options

I second the stretches before the workouts. I didn't do that the first week and my calves and quads were aching a lot. The stretches have helped.

Anyone doing insanity feel free to add me!

I'll try some calf stretches tonight... Thanks for the tip! :-D
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Lesly_Barrett_1209 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 2 of Insanity today and am loving it. It is definitely very challenging and I often find myself getting light headed in the middle of the workouts (I am wondering if I'm not getting enough water during the day or aren't breathing properly). But I love the feeling of accomplishment after the 40 minutes are over. Can't wait see the end results!

Feel free to add me, would love to have some buddies to help motivate and inspire me to keep pushing :)
  • micky7890
    micky7890 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 of the program. I've lost over 10 lbs. and my body is changing. I'm happy to see all the people here who are doing the program, support and motivation will definitely help! Take care and dig deeper!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    im on week 2, i started the 20th! week 2 seems a little bit easier but still brutal!