dont know what just happened!

Options
Went in the kitchen to decide what to cook for tea tonight and ended up eating. A bar of chocolate, a packet of crisps, a chocolate belgium waffle...why? Feel like Im going back to square one.

Replies

• Oakster207
    Options
    Try to have some celery sticks or other health snack placed in front in the frig. That way, when you open it, that is what you see first. If possible, it is good for when you get the urge to snack on sweets, close the door to the frig or cabinet and take a minute walk outside to gear up your willpower.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Log it accurately & honestly, and move on.

Look at your nutrition for the past 7 days, not just today. Eat "good" or "clean" or "healthy" (whatever those words mean to you) 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to binges.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Went in the kitchen to decide what to cook for tea tonight and ended up eating. A bar of chocolate, a packet of crisps, a chocolate belgium waffle...why? Feel like Im going back to square one.
    I thought you had such horible food issues that you couldn't eat anything and it was so bad you couldn't even get enough calories.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    It happens to the best of us. Track it and move on. Don't beat yourself up too bad and certainly don't unravel all of your progress because of one bad night.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    There are many reasons for this - PMS, TOM, hunger, deprivation, etc. But whatever the reason, you are only back to square one if you choose to be. Otherwise, you made a bad decision and it's time to move on.
  • lmd_1979
    lmd_1979 Posts: 130
    Options
    You do know what happened, you obviously where craving. Best thing to do is to eliminate the cravings.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

thats tea sorted out then!
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I thought you had such horible food issues that you couldn't eat anything and it was so bad you couldn't even get enough calories.

^^I know what you're referring to, but I'm not sure why you chose to re-visit it? I'm sure she knows she has an imbalance in her relationship with food...or, at least, she's starting to see it. No need to pick on her.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options

thats tea sorted out then!

Makes me want some "tea," too. :tongue:
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Try to have some celery sticks or other health snack placed in front in the frig. That way, when you open it, that is what you see first. If possible, it is good for when you get the urge to snack on sweets, close the door to the frig or cabinet and take a minute walk outside to gear up your willpower.

From chocolate to celery sticks... interesting....
  • lmd_1979
    lmd_1979 Posts: 130
    Options
    Tea is the evening meal.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

^^I know what you're referring to, but I'm not sure why you chose to re-visit it? I'm sure she knows she has an imbalance in her relationship with food...or, at least, she's starting to see it. No need to pick on her.
    I'm trying to figure out which of her personas is real

Either she doesn't eat enough because she can't stand anything or she overeats and needs assistance with that. She claimed in the other thread that she rarely eats enough calories to sustain life, but now she's saying she regularly eats too many calories. It's difficult to help someone if you don't know the person's actual problem.

Unless the other thread was a brilliant troll post, in which case, OP -- log it and move on. Don't keep things in your house that are you know you will overeat.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

Same happened to me the other day, went in to make a cup of tea, 2 marmalade sandwiches later I left kitchen

It happens, forget it, move on
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out which of her personas is real

^^That makes sense. Carry on. :wink:
  • S1inky
    S1inky Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have just eaten 3 cadbury heroes with my lunch, and I wasnt even hungry or craving. Let's just move on shall we. I will just sniff the container later.

I have left my husband all the eclairs in strict instructions that they have to go in the microwave or be sucked as I dont want expensive dentist bills.
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have had massive marshmallow binges lately. It's an addiction. Oddly they stopped once I started on protein pancakes (and when Ihad eaten all the marshmallows)
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

Why? because you're too hungry. You can lose weight while never feeling hungry.

Just eat more fibre and veggies.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    OP I suggest you seek help with your relationship with food.
    Especially since you have 3 children and one of them seems to be a recent addition.

The swings you have between not enough food and too much aren't good. And the fact that you won't eat fruits and vegetables and are fretting ocer fat in nuts seriously suggests you dont view food properly
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You've been depriving yourself and you couldn't take anymore. I swear once I blacked out and came to with an empty cookie tray on my chest and crumbs everywhere...

You haven't ruined any progress. It's just a few calories more than you'd planned on. That happens. You can go for a run to try to balance things out. Or just take it as a lesson, if you try to deny yourself for too long you'll just go crazy. Find a way to have some treats from time to time. Moderation works best.

There are speed bumps, a lot of trial and error, but this is your life and you're not going to go through it without having some cookies every now and then. So don't beat yourself up about it. Learn to make it a healthy and enjoyable part of your life now.
    What this person said....totally.