Hi there

Options
Eve23
Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
I am a mother of 3 and am looking forward to trying to lose weight again. I would love to have somoeone I can bounce ideas off of or just keep in touch with if there is anyone here interested in that. I have been trying to lose weight off and on for years but haven't done much in the last few years. So it is going to be like starting from scratch. Good luck to everyone on the same path.

Replies

• Eve23
    Options
    I am a mother of 3 and am looking forward to trying to lose weight again. I would love to have somoeone I can bounce ideas off of or just keep in touch with if there is anyone here interested in that. I have been trying to lose weight off and on for years but haven't done much in the last few years. So it is going to be like starting from scratch. Good luck to everyone on the same path.
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I have been using this site for about a month now. I love it! I have lost 8lbs so far, and hope to lose 40 more! It hasn't been easy, and I know it won't get any easier, but we just have to stay positive and look forward to the "after"!
    Email me anytime! apaden4@hotmail.com
  • minijewel
    minijewel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 40 lbs. too. If you ever need to bounce ideas off of someone, you can email me:

minijewel@gmail.com

Good luck!
  • Eve23
    Options
    Thanks for the replys would love to bounce ideas from you all. I am in Oregon and have been trying to go natural in alot of things. My family has had some bad experiences with processed foods and due to health reasons we are very proactive in trying to find things that work for us.
    Anyone else out there like that?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,955 Member
    Options
    Eve-

I just started on Monday the 20th too. Also a Northwest girl, and I also need to lose 35 pounds.

This website plays right into my need for details, details, details. All the researching and adding foods keeps me busy and not eating.

Good luck to you,

Cheryl
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hi Eve,

I also have 3 kids (funny - my middle daughter is named Eve - she was born on Christmas Eve...self explanatory.) My daughters are 8 and 6, and my son is almost 3. I've always been active - I love DOING things, but with children I became less active and the pounds packed on. Now that I'm done expanding the family (lol), I decided it was time to get back on track. I started being more fitness concious about a year ago at 189 lbs (I am 5'4'') and now am down to 155 lbs (according to BMI, 145 will be "normal" weight for me - but I don't have a number I'm seeking to reach - just a physical/mental state of being healthy.)

I also like to stay organic/natural as possible - I'm not a self-proclaimed vegetarian, but find that I rarely eat meat (red meat even less) unless I purposely seek it out. I LOVE Trader Joe's and Amy's Organic frozen dinners. Any time I buy food, I try to buy things that have the least ingredients (staying away from high frutcose syrup, preservatives, etc.) and sticking with foods closer to their natural state. I used to count calories diligently until a few months ago - I know now how much I can eat, and how to modify my food intake to meet the needs of my body.

Exercise - I find that I don't do well in gyms or other "artificial" settings (they work for some people, but not for me). I used to swim competitively, so I joined Master's (a competitive adult swim team) and swim every morning at 5:30 (which means waking up at 4:30). At work, I walk a mile during lunch and weekends are spent hiking in the nearby hills. Twice a month, I throw in Bikram Yoga to help my balance and jump start my metabolism (Bikram means yoga done in a HOT room for 90 minutes - you sweat buckets).

I take my older girls hiking with me - they love it, and they are learning about healthy foods. My husband is not on the same track as I - he thinks my food is "weird" and I'm "crazy" for exercising at 4:30 AM - but I'm not doing this for him, thus I do not need his approval. I do this because I want to be healthy, live a long life, and I love challenging myself physically and mentally every day. This is not a diet (notice, I have not used this word once until now), but is a mind set. You can do it - it just depends on what you want, and how badly you want to achieve it.

- Molly