What's outside your gym?

Options

Replies

• BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    A liquor store, but that's about it ... right now!
  • jenniferswooten
    jenniferswooten Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    my living room. My gym is in my house.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    A Taco Bell to the right. A family restaurant across the street. A car wash.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    the local high school...all those kids with a ton more energy than me!!!
  • luciafernanda
    luciafernanda Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    right in front but across the street is a street pizza truck...but it's never open when I'm there :P The whole time I'm on the treadmill I have no choice but to look at it.

On the other side (it's on a corner) is a mall with McDonalds and everything but all you see from the gym is the car park.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Shares a parking lot with Safeway (love this about it, actually!)

Also close by:
    Little Caesar's
    Extreme Pita
    Starbucks
    Spring Roll Cafe
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    ummm... a 1/2way house for recent drug rehab attendees....never a dull moment....
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Apartment complex on one side, medical offices on the other side, and another apartment complex across the street. Up the road about a block is a Whole Foods grocery, a Taco Bell, Boston Market, a local pizza joint, and a private school.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I live in an itty bitty town and our gym is on a corner just outside the "main" shopping area. There is a BBQ place two doors over but they're actually houses with space between them so you don't even see it when you come out. Other than that, a car wash and a gas station. No temptations outside my gym! Well, unless I've stashed a candy bar in my car or something but I don't typically do that. ;)
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Chiropractic and sports massage (WIN!), a small doctors office, subway, a nice American sit down restaurant, decent Thai food, and a movie theatre.

I've thought about running to my gym (3.1mi), weight lifting, then getting happy hour at the American place, then watching a movie some weekend day, but haven't done it. Mostly because I don't want to be all sweaty at the nice places, and running with a backpack full of clothing sucks. Meh. We see fast food/junk/whatever everywhere. Who cares? It can be part of a healthy diet (or not).
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Cold Stones.

Seriously- it was the next store over- when I worked at my gym- I would get ice cream and great people at the door- it was funny.

now nothing- it's just a warehouse type thing.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I go to an Anytime Fitness that is located on the main drag in town. I live in a college town, so our main drag is littered with fast food joints. My gym is in a little shopping center across the streets from a few of the many fast food places, but is attached to a Dollar Tree, a consignment shop, and the AF tanning salon. There is a also a chiropractor/pain management clinic attached and then in the same parking lot (but not attached to all of this) is a Family Video. Then we have fast food, BP, a floral shop, a liquor shop, the radio station, and a bank.
  • _cdngirl71_
    _cdngirl71_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Outside my gym is a music store, Night & Day restaurant, Tim Horton's, McDonald's, Burger King, Subway and Lordco.
  • mlima14
    mlima14 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Next door to my gym is a frozen yogurt place Wendy's, a bakery, across from it is Popeye's Chicken, Ikebana (sushi place), Metropol Restaurant, Applebee's, an ice cream parlor, Faccio's Pizza and Starbucks, and if you go down the road a bit there are about 5 or 6 more restaurants, and they are all walking distance from the gym, plus if you actually drive about 2 minutes from the gym you got Church's Chicken, Ponderosa, China Palace, Baskin Robins, Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut, and lets not forget McDonald's. Yeah I think it's a conspiracy. :grumble:
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My gym is my shed so chickens are outside. My chickens :P
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    within 1/4 of a mile or less

pizza hut
    mighty taco
    tullys
    burger king
    starbucks
    subway
    3 pizza joints
    2 bars

and thats just what i notice.
  • GBPackerFan14
    GBPackerFan14 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Subway, McDonalds, Dairy Queen, Chinese Takeout, Pizza Hut, Papa Murphy's, Starbucks, Pick N Save (Grocery Store), Cherry Berry, Local custard shop, and Taco Bell I think that's it.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    my old gym had a car parts shop, an electronics shop, and a car wash.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Pizza, burgers, mexican, chinese, donuts, ice cream, grocery store, typical strip mall stores like hair cut place, etc. Unfortunately/fortunately, none of my favorites in any of the above categories so I don't really notice them.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Gas Station, HIghway