Avocado Suggestions?

Options
124»

Replies

• cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I love baking an egg right on top of one.
    http://www.fitsugar.com/Baked-Eggs-Avocado-Recipe-30787252

I also love adding some to quinoa or rice.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I like it with stuffed with pico de gallo or salsa. Also baked avocado fries with panko breading are fantastic. I like it on sandwiches too.
  • MandaPanda0690
    MandaPanda0690 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You could mash them up, mix in a little Greek yogurt for creaminess, and add 1 packet of ranch seasoning. It's a great dip for veggies or pita chips.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,079 Member
    Options
    bump
  • otillie03103
    otillie03103 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love avocados. I put them atop veggie omelets, healthy homemade burritos with black beans and butternut squash or atop mexican rice dishes. I also make guacamole with natural salsa and garlic powder mixed in with a little salt. If I don't have salsa, just a little salt and garlic powder tastes devine. Sometimes I crisp up a brown rice tortilla in a pan with olive oil spray and cut it into wedges. Then I spread the avocado on top.
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    1. With a spoon.
    2. Mashed into guac (my guac is garlic powder, hint of salt, red pepper, chili powder, splash of cholula, onion powder)
    3. Diced up and on top of scrambled eggs
    4. Spread across toast
    5. Integral part to the best sandwiches ever (meat, cheese, bread of choice + sliced or mashed avocado)

Last night, I made a chicken and sweet potato stew that was super easy and awesome and had a bit of a "Mexican" flavour vibe to it, so when I dished it out, I put chunks of avocado on top too.
  • scrocke
    scrocke Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    half an avocado, remove the pit. scoop out a little from each side and crack an egg into each half.. bake or broil until egg is desired doneness. Top with shredded basil and salt/pepper
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through all the responses so I apologize for any repeats. Here are some of my favourite ways to eat avocado...

- Cut in quarters and topped with a scoop of tuna salad, surprisingly tasty combo!
    - Diced up and added to salads
    - Mashed up and mixed in with cottage cheese and some pepper
    - Sliced up with a light dusting of salt, salt brings out a stronger flavour
    - Guacamole, yum!
    - Sandwiches
  • driii123
    driii123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    wow, there are some great sounding recipes here!
  • Marcolter
    Marcolter Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i love avocado on soca crackers with fresh squeezed lemon. Add them to Pico de Gallo salsa. Mash them up as a pasta sauce.
  • VegGirl62
    VegGirl62 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My husband and I do the same thing...we call it "avocado toast"! Toasted bread (Ezekiel) with avocado, tomato, and freshly ground pepper...yummm
  • gulfcoastnik
    gulfcoastnik Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love to flavor my avocado with sea salt and course black pepper, smash it all up with some salsa and use romaine lettuce leaves in the place of chips. LOVE it.
  • Apple1234
    Apple1234 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I used to HATE avocados...I think it was a texture thing. But my favourite way to eat it is on a thin slice of sourdough toast with 0.5 table spoon of cream cheese then chopped avocado then salt & cajun seasoning. It sounds weird but the flavours are amazing...the salt really goes well with avocado!!!
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    http://www.foodonthetable.com/recipes/341775-vegetarian-tostadas-with-avocado

This. most definitely this. it's the reason i buy avocados.
  • webbeyes
    webbeyes Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Egg, ham, cheese and avocado slices on whole wheat toast. Mmmmm.
  • bernicesmission
    Options
    avocado, liitle soy sauce, tabasco, saltines, eat ...mmmmmmm