owch my knees

Options
Hi, just wondering if anyone can help with some ideas.
I have an old knee injury (or rather two injuries as I have two knees). They flare up every so often but I usually just rest them, ice them and ibuprofen gel them until they're back to normal and then slowly get back into cardio.

In the meantime I still do arms, stomach and back but obviously can't do any cardio (swimming still hurts) or leg work.

They flared up 3 weeks ago and haven't shown any sign or recovery as I haven't been resting them properly. This is because I'm getting married in 3 months and need to maintain all the hard work I've put in...but, it's now got to a point where I really do need to rest them and for a good few weeks as they're killing me (driving hurts) but I'm starting to develop a little pouch on my tummy where I'm not burning enough fat which I CANNOT have as I have a fishtail style wedding dress.

I've limited my calories and fat. I'm doing ab work most days. Does anyone have any other ideas on how to get rid of this fatty pouch that's growing or even to stop it from taking over the rest of my stomach? xx

Replies

• leviclampitt
    Options
    Tack on 1 more hour of sleep a night. :)
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    The only thing to stop the pooch from developing is calorie deficit.

Depending on the type of injury, good stretching and using a foam roller(or equivalent like a rolling pin or tennis ball) is very helpful.

Ab work will do nothing for the pooch either

so calorie deficit and then rest so you can heal properly to be able to start working out again
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    1. Keep doing what you're doing, and maybe use some knee supports until you feel better
    2. Do you go to a gym, and does that gym have an upper body ergometer? That's the only thing I can think of that might give you some cardio without using your lower body at all.

Hope you feel better soon. I totally sympathize.
  • Elizasdaughterbbg
    Elizasdaughterbbg Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well my calorie amount is now down to 1000 a day (ish). is that enough?

I do go to the gym but it doesn't have an upper body ergometer...a friend has mentioned boxing and circuit training, minus the squats and running bit.
    Thanks guys! much appreciated!x