Essential oils

Options
I am curious to know if anyone on here uses essential oils if you do let me know I am want to know what kind you use and what for

thanks

Replies

• JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "use?" Essential oils are great for falling asleep or perking up.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to know if you use essential oils for illness or treating a cold etc.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I guess you could use others, but the one's I consider essential in our house are virgin coconut oil (double duty), extra virgin olive oil (sautee), and peanut oil (frying).
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I usually get Lavender and Eucalyptus. Lavender is great for a calming, relaxing bath and Eucalyptus opens up the sinuses if you're sick. Put a few drops in a bowl of boiling water then put a towel over your head and your head close to the bowl and breathe in. It kind of works but if it's REALLY bad I still end up using Mucinex anyway :laugh:
  • LindaStL64
    LindaStL64 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use essential oils to make soap and salt scrubs.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Olive oil is essential to my diet.

ETA: UGH third time in the past rolling week that I've been late on these things.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I use Dot Tera's Slim & Sassy for appetite, lavender for calming it also works for panic attacks. I put lavender on a cotton ball in my air vent in my car. Pepperment I use for an upset tumny. Other flavors I use to flavor my drinks and for baking.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I use peppermint & lavender to cope with migraines.... it doesn't make them go away, nor prevent them, but it does make me able to function.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    10w-30 is essential to make my vehicle work..
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    A gf of mine swears by them.
  • jakexdm
    jakexdm Posts: 1
    Options
    I use lots of different EOs: Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Cassia, Lavender, etc. What ails you, you can find an essential oil for just about anything.

My favorite is lavender oil. I have used it for sunburns and minor cuts, bug repellent, and a good old fashion scent for the laundry or garbage can or whatever you want to freshen up. But what I like most is to put some on my pillow every night before I go to bed to help me sleep better.

I like to buy mine from a small company named Nuleo where I live, but they do sell their lavender oil on amazon.com. It’s great stuff if you’re interested.
    Here is the link
    http://www.amazon.com/Lavender-Oil-15ml-Aromatherapy-Satisfaction/dp/B00CJOT600
  • mejese313
    Options
    I use several different essential oils. On Guard, Lavender, Sweet Orange, Lime, Lemon, Peppermint, Basil.

Since some of you are interested I want to share about this giveaway for Shield essential oil!

www.simplyyoursunshine.com/1/post/2014/01/essential-oil-giveaway-ends-february-1st.html
  • TLC7613
    TLC7613 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My mom is Young Living Essential Oil distributor so i'm always getting this stuff!! I really like the peppermint for headaches.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I guess you could use others, but the one's I consider essential in our house are virgin coconut oil (double duty), extra virgin olive oil (sautee), and peanut oil (frying).

this-guy-i-love-this-guy_o_467185.jpg