Headaches every day?

im trying to lose weight and started to diet and exercise, im trying to eat 1200 cals a day, and eating as healthy as i can, but i feel like its too little since im getting headaches every day, and im hungry after meals :-/ im snacking 2 times a day and 3 meals.

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Eat more. Are you cutting anything else out like caffiene or sugar? Those can cause headaches from withdrawals as well.
  • jeccawest91
    jeccawest91 Posts: 94 Member
    Headaches are a huge sign of caffeine withdrawals. Are you drinking enough water; you could be dehydrated. But I agree with the member above, you should up your calorie limit. You don't want to starve yourself or really freak out your metabolism.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,064 Member
    Eat more, 1200 is pretty low.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    im trying to lose weight and started to diet and exercise, im trying to eat 1200 cals a day, and eating as healthy as i can, but i feel like its too little since im getting headaches every day, and im hungry after meals :-/ im snacking 2 times a day and 3 meals.
    Hi, welcome!

Your diary is not open so it's difficult to give concrete feedback.

What are you stats-height, weight? How much are you trying to lose? Do you exercise, and if you do do you eat back your exercise calories?

What types of food are you eating? This does not have anything to do with weight loss per se, but if I eat too much sugar of any type I will get headaches.

1200 might not be too low for some people, especially if they are on the shorter side, but for many of us it is. I'd die on 1,200 calories. When I first started my journey, I was on 1.200 calories plus I ate my exercise calories back, and I think I lasted less than a month before I set my goals to lose 1 pound a month. I felt much better after this.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Headaches are a huge sign of caffeine withdrawals. Are you drinking enough water; you could be dehydrated.
    This too.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Agree with the possibility of it being from lack of caffeine (a lot of people give up soda when they try to eat healthy). That or raise your calorie goal to higher than 1200 calories. It may just not be enough. You can lose weight on more than 1200. It would help if you posted your stats.
  • im trying to lose weight and started to diet and exercise, im trying to eat 1200 cals a day, and eating as healthy as i can, but i feel like its too little since im getting headaches every day, and im hungry after meals :-/ im snacking 2 times a day and 3 meals.

I would eat more protein and get more caffefine. I LOVE SPARK by advocare... long lasting energy, no crash, mental focus. etc. i also use advocare supplements... I have lost 45 pounds since august !
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    If you feel like 1200 cal/day is too little. You're probably right. I was at 1200/day and felt much the same way. Found out that I should be eating 1800/day--made the switch and felt so much better! Plus I've continued to lose without depleting my lovely muscles that I work so hard for!

Check out this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=sexypants

And ignore anyone who is trying to sell you cleanses or supplements. They're a waste of time and money. The thread above gives you the tools you need and they're free. :flowerforyou: