need more calories?

Options
it's 9pm here, and i've only eaten under 700cals for the day so far, how should i get more calories without stuffing my face so late at night? i don't do this often (in fact last night i murdered my goals at a dinner with the inlaws). if it's a rare occurance, should i just let it slide, or should i still try to eat more to try and reach at least 1200cals? is there anything healthy, but calorie rich that would help me out, without requiring me to eat a lot. i'm hungry enough for a snack, but don't need to eat. i've been exercising enough today. i work a job that kept me moving for a 4 hour shift today, i've been on a half hour walk, and about to do another hour walk..my exercise cals are already double my consumed cals..

any tips or advice would be appreciated! :)

and i already know about "starvation mode." i didn't eat this little on purpose, just kept busy all day, and didn't feel very hungry.. :S

Replies

• Tabs_A
    Tabs_A Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've often heard the suggestion of drink some calories. Chocolate milk etc could be a good way to get a few more calories in without having to eat.
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you eat at least 30 minutes before you to go bed so your body isn't up late processing. I would definitely eat something though or you could end up like me and wake up at like 3am totally starved!!!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    If you overate yesterday, or you overeat tomorrow, it will even out. If I eat over or under one day, I make up for it the following day. If it something I know in advance, like a wedding, I will eat under the day before, and whatever the difference is, the day after.
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I think you will be okay if you "over" ate yesterday. Otherwise try some peanut butter. Usually pretty high in calories :)
  • crystalroy
    crystalroy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Protein shake, greek yogurt
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    i would not worry about today - but tomorrow have a big healthy breakfast. That will get your metabolism moving!
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I agree Today is done, Work for a healthy breakfast in the AM. Up your portions of Healthy foods, IE Instead of One egg, have 2, Instead of a 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal have a full cup. These are easy ways to increase your calories without going OVER or being WAY under.
  • jessimacar
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the tips :)

But, I have to ,I treated myself a little with some chips and a small hot chocolate while my boyfriend and I walked. There's a "midnight madness" going on downtown of my city, and so we did some shopping and were out for quite a while. I made it to just under the 1200cals mark, so I'm satisfied with that. I started feeling my stomach getting a little empty and needed something.. I figured I had the cals to spare! My "net" is still in the negative numbers, but I feel good, so hopefully that will help me lose the little bit of weight I put on this morning.

Thanks again everyone!! I'll remember everything you said for the future! :)

Goodnight!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    If it's a rare (like a few times a month) occurrence I wouldn't worry about it unless you are hungry. But I definitely wouldn't do it on a regular basis. When I need to boost my intake, I drink a Boost drink or eat a Clif Bar.
  • suzukigrl
    Options
    maybe a tablespoon of peanut butter on bread. that'll be close to 200 cal. fruit juice or nuts if you have them. loaded with calories and omega 3's. keep some protein shakes available. most have at least 150 cal and 10 g of protein. don't force down a lot of food. you'll do better tomorrow.