caramel brulee from starbucks

Options
has anyone had it? it looks soo yummy! i've got 350 calories left for the night and no desire to eat real food...thinking about being naughty haha

Replies

• sarahgaye
    sarahgaye Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have - mmmm it's sooo good! But I don't know how many calories, hee hee
  • broadway1980
    broadway1980 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I work at Starbucks, and I can tell you that this is not one of our healthier drinks! My advice would be to get no more than half of the normal amount of syrup (you'll still get the taste, just not as strong) and get non-fat milk with no whipped cream OR the burnt sugar topping. (wc adds approx. 100 calories to any drink!) Ask for a light amount of foam on top instead, which will give a similar effect as wc. :)
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    no, but I had the salted caramel hot chocolate (small, nonfat, no whip) after salivating over the poster for a week. it was okay, but too sweet for me:tongue:
  • sarahgaye
    sarahgaye Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey broadway - I am curious. With the eggnogg latte (my FAVOURITE) I get the light version, is that a high calorie drink? Lol figured I'd ask since you're on here!
  • jenna_watsonator
    jenna_watsonator Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Omg. That salted caramel hot chocolate thingy sounds AMAZINGGG! *facepalm*
  • milkaholic
    milkaholic Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Actually I had one a little while ago and it's only 310 calories for a Grande Non Fat.. not bad if you're being bad! lol
  • rshunk
    rshunk Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Oh my! I had one yesterday, so good! A nonfat with no whip is 270 cals, and you'll find it in the database here too! Enjoy!
  • Neuroticwench
    Neuroticwench Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I ran over there earlier because I needed a hot drink to keep me going at work and opted for a tall nonfat caffe mocha without whipped cream, it was just 170 calories. :smile:
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of starbuck's specialty coffees, but i love the coffee coolata. I order it with skim milk, no whipped cream, plain (no hazelnut, mocha, or vanilla flavors). I'm sure it's still loaded with sugar, but it's a good kind of sin!;-)

Shannon
  • broadway1980
    broadway1980 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh man...the eggnog is a killer! We make the drink with a "cut" version of eggnog. It's real eggnog (many coffee shops use an eggnog flavored syrup), cut with 2% milk. So, it's 2/3 nog and 1/3 milk. What I've seen many customers ask for is the already "cut" mix cut AGAIN by 50% with non-fat milk. So you'll get the taste of the eggnog, but it will be much thinner and obviously not as bad for you. I know that's confusing, but I hope it helps! Still get the nutmeg on top, it really brings out the flavor of the drink. You can be as specific as you want when ordering your drink, we aim to please! And no matter how crazy your order sounds, there's always someone with a crazier one-trust me!
    My current drink is an iced venti green tea with a splash of passion tea, and 4 pumps of syrup instead of 6. It's REALLY hard to work there full time and NOT partake of unlimited free drinks! But I'm one week into my new diet and I've made it so far!
    Also, you should look at the Vivano smoothies. They're very high in protein, have a whole banana in them and you can have them made with non-fat milk as well. They're also very filling, and the chocolate one is my personal favorite because I'm a chocolate addict. :)