Memphis?????

Options
2»

Replies

• rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Our NBA team is awesome, at least we think so. Hopefully they make the playoffs this year!

A lot of what you get depends on who you talk to, I guess like everywhere. I didn't want to live in MS, because you will pay income tax there. TN doesn't have state income tax. Tags are higher, but property taxes could be lower.

I used to live at Trinity and Germantown in Cordova, and had neighbors that walked to the Super Target and Super Walmart there across the street. The 'burbs will be better for jobs in places like that.

We have public transportation in the form of buses city wide, but it's harder to navigate than some cities I've been to. I love the public transportation of the northwest and vancouver, but you won't find much like that in the states and definitely not in the south. MARTA is about as good as you get down here. The buses are okay once you learn the system, but there's a learning curve. For sure.

It's a sprawling city, but the pocket communities will generally be easier to get around in if you work close to where you live.