Dessert recipes that will satisfy my post dinner sweet tooth

Options

Replies

• 57beth
    57beth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I make a few muffins that are Paleo acceptable. You have to bake though.
    I say this because no one seems to put much effort into their sweet treats.
    They are also good for breakfast. Coconut Chocolate Chip is one.
    Let me know if their is interest - I will post it. I have more - may be available thru the site, too.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Baked apples are great. Just core a few apples and tuck a bit of butter and a dash of cinnamon in the center. Then drizzle the top with maple syrup or for a gourmet twist with Drambuie liqueur and bake for about 50 minutes at 325.
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am so lazy, it just has to be low fat greek yogurt with a sprinkle of cinnamon, I also found a sugar free hot chocolate mix, not sure ifavailable in uk, as a hot chocolate drink it is disgusting, but a teaspoon in yogurt is lovely.
    also I am rather fond of dark chocolate now, the 85% stuff, it took a bit of getting used to, but just 2-4 squares really does the trick for me :-)
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    depending on what you think is healthy, here's a recipe from Cooking Light for chocolate mousse:

Chocolate Mousse

Recipe from "Cooking Light Desserts" Serves 8

Ingredients

3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted

1 (12.3-ounce) package reduced-fat extrafirm silken tofu (such as Mori-Nu)

1/4 teaspoon salt

3 large egg whites

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 cup water

Fat-free whipped topping, thawed (optional)

Grated chocolate (optional)

Directions

Place melted chocolate chips and tofu in a food processor or blender, and process 2 minutes or until smooth.

Place salt and egg whites in a medium bowl, and beat with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer registers 250 degrees. Pour hot sugar syrup in a thin stream over egg whites, beating at high speed. Gently stir one-fourth of meringue into tofu mixture; gently fold in remaining meringue. Spoon 1/2 cup mousse into each of eight (six-ounce) custard cups. Cover and chill at least four hours. Garnish with whipped topping and grated chocolate, if desired.

Per serving: 147 calories (34 percent from fat); 5.6g fat ; 5.2g protein; 22.5g carbohydrates; 0.2g fiber; 134 mg sodium; 26 mg calcium
  • bunnybutler29
    Options
    Wow these are great ideas I will be coming back to check in and add sone when I get home:)
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Tasty, chocolately and healthy AND stupid simple:

graham cracker or chocolate cookie crust
    1 package silken tofu
    1 package dark chocolate chip cookies
    1/4 cup Kahlua or you can leave out if you like

melt chocolate chips in double boiler or microwave and let cool to room temp
    put silken tofu, melted chips and kahlua into blender or food processor and blend till smooth
    pour into crust and refrigerate for 2-4 hours

Recipe is courtesy of Alton Brown.

Drooling! Thanks for sharing, I'll be making this tomorrow for certain! :flowerforyou:

Slainte :drinker:
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cupcakekate28
    cupcakekate28 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    2 tbsp Splenda
    1 egg white
    Dash water

Mix and microwave for 1 minute and you have 52 calorie gooey chocolate mug cake! Trust me it WORKS
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Berries is what I prefer as a dessert... curbs my sweet tooth real fast.
  • mteague277
    mteague277 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Piece of dark chocolate or fruit, or both.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I love my Skinny Cow ice cream bars. 100 calories a peice and they actually taste like ice cream!
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I cut strawberries up into quarters and sprinkle a tiny bit of sugar on them. Wait a few minutes, and the sugar draws a lot of the juices out of the berries and mixes into the juice. Makes them almost like strawberry candy, and surprisingly low-cal (but only if you use the sugar sparingly, which works because it only needs a little to taste super sweet).
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am so lazy, it just has to be low fat greek yogurt with a sprinkle of cinnamon, I also found a sugar free hot chocolate mix, not sure ifavailable in uk, as a hot chocolate drink it is disgusting, but a teaspoon in yogurt is lovely.
    also I am rather fond of dark chocolate now, the 85% stuff, it took a bit of getting used to, but just 2-4 squares really does the trick for me :-)

totally agree about the dark chocolate - I used to be a 'milk chocolate or nothing' type of person, but I really like 1-2 squares of dark chocolate that has chili extract, orange zest, or coconut in it. Super delicious and curbs the cravings :)
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Great ideas Thanks!
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I love to slice a banana and drizzle a little chocolate syrup over it. If you eat it with a fork, it takes longer and the 2 flavors together are wonderful!
  • mmtawhh
    Options
    sugar free jello. even if you eat the whole thing its only 20 calories.
  • steffipaulina
    Options
    I make 3, 2, 1 cake. I think I found the recipe in one of the forums here on MFP. You take 2 cake mixes - one has to be angel food cake mix, and the other is your choice. You combine the two mixes and mix well before putting it in a storage container. Then whenever you want a little something sweet, you mix 3 tablespoons of the mix with 2 tablespoons of water and microwave for 1 minute.

I made up a batch of this mix over a month ago, and I still have about 1/3 left. I mixed angel food with a sugar-free chocolate mix. Sometimes I like to add a little extra cocoa powder to it, or sprinkle some cinnamon on top. If I'm feeling really indulgent I'll add a tablespoon of chocolate chips to the mix before microwaving.

The stats you get per serving depend on what kind of mixes you use, but still it's not much. A box of Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake Mix (white) mixed with a box of Betty Crocker SuperMoist Dark Chocolate Mix makes 20 servings of 3,2,1 Cake at only 164 Calories and 37 Carbs per serving.

yummy!

Wow, totally doing this!!
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I've been making the microwave brownies/cakes from another thread on here. My favorite is 122g (1/2c) unsweetened applesauce, 30g (5 tbsp) Hershey's special dark unsweetened cocoa, 2 tbsp Stevia (or sweetener of choice), and 1/4-1/2 tsp baking powder. I microwave it so that it's still a bit gooey in the middle and top with a few squirts of sugar free whipped cream. It is so delicious and totally satisfies at only 110 calories (130 with whipped cream)!!!!
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Figs and dates.
    I never even thought about dried fruit a year ago, now it is my favourite thing over.