Trying to drop 13 pounds (and inches)?

Options
I'm 4'11" and 113 pounds. My goal weight is 100 pounds, but I'm generally more concerned about losing inches than pounds since I have a lot of stomach fat I'm trying to lose.
I'm using TDEE-10% which puts me at 1650 calories a day, and I've been doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (for the the second time) 6 days a week. I'm planning on moving on to Ripped in 30 in February.

Should I be eating less calories per day or using TDEE-15/20%? Since I'm not trying to lose a substantial amount of weight, do I also need to start focusing on macros?

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and 113 pounds. My goal weight is 100 pounds, but I'm generally more concerned about losing inches than pounds since I have a lot of stomach fat I'm trying to lose.
    I'm using TDEE-10% which puts me at 1650 calories a day, and I've been doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (for the the second time) 6 days a week. I'm planning on moving on to Ripped in 30 in February.

Should I be eating less calories per day or using TDEE-15/20%? Since I'm not trying to lose a substantial amount of weight, do I also need to start focusing on macros?

Actually, 100 pounds would be considered underweight for your height. I suggest you don't lose any more than five pounds, if you feel you need to lose any at all. Since you have little to lose TDEE is a good method, but I'd set your goal to TDEE minus 5% so that you lose only .5 pounds a week.
  • jazzcatastrophe
    jazzcatastrophe Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I would continue with TDEE - 10% because you have so little to lose. 100 lb is a perfectly reasonable goal for your height, but you can always reassess as you go depending on how you feel. If your current macros are working for you, then stick with them, but make sure to get a decent amount of protein (1 g per 1lb lean body mass or ~ 0.8 g per total weight) to help prevent excess muscle loss with weight loss.
  • nomnomgoodies
    nomnomgoodies Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Alright, thanks! I guess I'm just getting a little impatient. I keep looking in the mirror hoping to see results. But I guess with only 13 pounds, I can't expect the results to show right away. Should I be seeing this as a 3+ months goal? Or even longer?

I usually get around 100-120g of protein a day. That should be okay, right?
  • jazzcatastrophe
    jazzcatastrophe Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It'll probably be pretty slow, to be honest. I have a similar goal (15 lbs), and my deficit has me losing about 0.5 a week. I wouldn't set a time frame because ultimately, your body is going to do things on its own schedule! Definitely keep track of inches though, and take pictures for comparison, because even if scale weight changes slowly, you can still be losing inches.Also your protein is right on target, so you should be good to go!