Mayonnaise Alternatives

Options
i cannot stand mayonnaise, but i was looking for boiled egg snack ideas and almost every recipe called for the stuff, id like ideas for an alternative to mayo

Replies

• maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt or light ranch dressing.

You can add seasonings of your choice to the greek yogurt
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    i cannot stand mayonnaise, but i was looking for boiled egg snack ideas and almost every recipe called for the stuff, id like ideas for an alternative to mayo
    Plain greek yogurt
    Mashed avocado
  • notyouraveragetalia
    notyouraveragetalia Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hummus!
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Sounds horrible but it's really good - hummus.
  • lizzycoombs
    lizzycoombs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can always soft boil the eggs so the yolk is still a bit runny, which allows it to create a creamy texture without the need for mayo. if you add a tablespoon on non-fat plain greek yogurt and some mustard powder, it will taste just like traditional egg salad!
  • taimih
    taimih Posts: 14
    Options
    Hummus
    Guacamole
    Avocado
    Plain yogurt/Greek yogurt
    Tzatziki
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I often use plain greek yogurt or light sour cream and add whatever herbs/spices that I want. Both offer that creamy, tart-ish type flavoring :) But I actually do like mayo so it depends on my mood haha
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Another vote for plain Greek yogurt, maybe with a bit of sriracha hot sauce!
    Or, I also like using a wedge of light laughing cow cheese.
  • Kayzia_M
    Kayzia_M Posts: 97 Member
    Options

i like light laughing cow..not sure what sriracha, so ill have to Google that.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Sour cream or any of the Walden Farms line (zero cal mayo, ranch, ranch/bacon, etc). The other ideas have already been suggested.
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I have also used grated carrot. There is enough moisture in the carrot to help things stick together
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I would just eat it without? mash it up and put it in your pita or on your toast fewer calories and less work. Personally I like mayo :)
  • kamyers1289
    kamyers1289 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt.
    Sometimes I use half mayo/half mustard.

AVO-FREAKING-CADO.

My personal fave ^
  • kamyers1289
    kamyers1289 Posts: 129 Member
    Options

i like light laughing cow..not sure what sriracha, so ill have to Google that.

Sriracha is God, in sauce form.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    avocado
    vegenaise mmmmm vegan mayo
    vegan ranch dressing
    spiced silken tofu
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    You can always soft boil the eggs so the yolk is still a bit runny, which allows it to create a creamy texture without the need for mayo. if you add a tablespoon on non-fat plain greek yogurt and some mustard powder, it will taste just like traditional egg salad!

I love eggs but that sounds sick. No offense! haha
  • LB2812
    LB2812 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I made a quick egg salad when I was out of mayo and I just used mustard and a touch of italian dressing (and salt & pepper)... i thought it was pretty good still.

Also - avocado!!!
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I made egg salad once with avocado.

It did not turn out right, next time make the egg salad, then just add the avocado to the sandwich
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I hate, hate, hate mayo. I just leave it out if it calls for a recipe that has another creamy ingredient...and add a little extra of said creamy ingredient. If I am making a "salad" of some sort (like tuna salad), I use greek yogurt.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Bacon fat aioli