Bananas and Peanut Butter

rai8759
rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
Got some bananas in my fridge that will need to be eaten soon. Will be running to work most of the beginning of the week and traveling for Thanksgiving on Thursday morning.

Does anybody have a good delish/healthy shake recipe for bananas?? I was thinking with some peanut butter for protein. I think that will be a good thing to make and be able to take with me on my busy week (and I'll get to eat those bananas before they go south).

Waddya think?

Replies

• bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    If they're ok to just eat I just put the peanut butter on them and eat them that way.
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    I love peanut butter and banana sandwich (brown bread). A bit calorific, but so yummy.:embarassed: :smile:
  • bucky17h
    bucky17h Posts: 120
    It has been posted to slice the banana, put some peanut between and freeze it, have not tried it yet but plan to
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    PICK ME PICK ME!!! I have a good one that I make every time I make bananas. Its called a peanut butter banana shake.

1 frozen banana
    1 tablespoon of Peanut butter or to taste
    1 cup of low calorie yogurt
    Splenda to taste
    1 teaspoon of honey

and shake the bad buy up (in a blender of course). You can add or sub anything you want. GL
  • PICK ME PICK ME!!! I have a good one that I make every time I make bananas. Its called a peanut butter banana shake.

1 frozen banana
    Splenda to taste
    1 teaspoon of honey

and shake the bad buy up (in a blender of course). You can add or sub anything you want. GL

That sounds delicious!!
  • dmb9p
    dmb9p Posts: 10
    It has been posted to slice the banana, put some peanut between and freeze it, have not tried it yet but plan to

I have tried something like this. You slice and freeze the banana by itself. Once frozen, take it out and mix in however much pb you want, and then smash it/blend it/put it in a food precessor until it's delicious and creamy. It tastes like forbidden ice cream! :)
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    My favorite is frozen banana, almonds, soy milk, and a little touch of honey.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    I like peanut butter and bananas on top of a chocolate rice cake.
  • rai8759
    Wow you guys thanks so much!! mmm so many yummy sounding things to try! I'll probably be making the shake ideas this weekend, but I look forward to trying the frozen banana sliced with pb in between...mmmmm... I also totally forgot about using the bananas in baking. great idea.

Thank you guys so much! Knew my fellow mfp-ers wouldn't let me down!!
  • rai8759
    PICK ME PICK ME!!! I have a good one that I make every time I make bananas. Its called a peanut butter banana shake.

1 frozen banana
    Splenda to taste
    1 teaspoon of honey

lol so funny! I do pick you. sounds very gooood.. mmm. will be on the menu Thursday morning when I'm running my butt out the door :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.