Should I have bread or a chocolate (candy) bar?

Options
I was comparing calories for an afternoon snack and noticed that 2 slices of wholemeal bread have the same calories as a KitKat Chunky, so, for the purpose of my diet, why should I avoid the chocolate?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I was comparing calories for an afternoon snack and noticed that 2 slices of wholemeal bread have the same calories as a KitKat Chunky, so, for the purpose of my diet, why should I avoid the chocolate?

depends on your macros...
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    why indeed
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't. Chocolate over bread anyday :laugh: .
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

what about chocolate on bread?!
  • mdiaz0188
    mdiaz0188 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well Chocolate (kit kat ) = sugar, while bread (wheat bread) has descent amount of fiber, healthy carbs and a bit of protein. So in the end, you may be having the same amount of calories but you have to decide whether your ok with the extra sugar in your diet or if you would prefer to put those calories to good use by adding good nutrients :) Good luck deciding!
  • niricava
    niricava Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Why not go half and half? One slice of bread and half of that Kit Kat. Then you get the best of both worlds... more fiber to fill you up and more chocolate since life always demands more chocolate!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    The bread will keep you full longer.
  • jtyler83
    jtyler83 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    why indeed

qft
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'd go for the chocolate :D
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Kit Kat sandwich?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Which has more protein?
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    I wouldnt have either Sweet potato is much better when made into wedges :-)
  • rogerhartford
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmm.........chocolate. :laugh:
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    chocolate>bread. But that's just me.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Dude. It's wholemeal bread. I wouldn't eat that if you paid me. Eat the Kit Kat instead.

Or, do what I would do, skip both and go get yourself some REAL bread. Striatta, baguette, focaccia, a nice malty rye ... something worth eating. Have that instead. :smile:
  • monicapeterson54
    monicapeterson54 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Why not go half and half? One slice of bread and half of that Kit Kat. Then you get the best of both worlds... more fiber to fill you up and more chocolate since life always demands more chocolate!

you read my mind.....
  • gemgal29
    Options
    I am a choco-holic. Though the KitKat is tasty. The bread won't have as much refined sugar. The Kitkat will make your sugar levels spike, then drop rapidly, making you feel tired, or give you the yawns a short time later.
    The bread does have whole grains which over all is better for you, and your sugars won't spike as high.

I've found that when the 3 o'clock hunger hits, I've been switching to some cheese and half an apple. Not as tasty as chocolate. But filling none the less.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

Just don't snack daily, just every other day so you can put that kit kat in between the bread and have a kitty sandwich like a boss.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

what about chocolate on bread?!

ding ding ding! We have a winner! :happy::drinker: