Can't do this by myself anymore

Options
Hi, I have used MFP on my phone app for years and all it did was make me feel guilty that I couldn't even manage to make it a whole week without blowing my calorie goal. 4.5 years ago, I was at my goal weight and I have slowly crept up to 22 pounds over. My resolve on my own is inadequate. I need a community. I loved the app for what it could do and hated myself for not being able to stick to it.

So here I am, ready to work this.

About me: I am 57 years old, have 4 children, 5 grandchildren and a desk job. I love to cook and I love to eat. I like to modify recipes to make them healthier. I live with my SO of 4 years and he also loves cooking and eating. He prefers to eat healthy but does not have a desk job. He indulges his cravings whenever he has them and he is able to maintain his weight in spite of it.

I am hopeful that having message boards available, that I can find advice (or ask for it) on a variety of topics. I can't do this by myself and am looking forward to your support.

Replies

• NoExcusesFitnessCoach
    Options
    Hi!

Having a support system is so important in your journey. It's great to see you reaching out and committing to your goals. I would love to offer support! I'll add you :smile:

Wendy
  • wcrechs
    Options
    Thanks NoExcuses...I'm sure you won't let me use my ankle arthritis and back problem as an excuse...
  • LittleMissYoYo
    LittleMissYoYo Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You need to do it for yourself, I have been a member of MFP for over 2 years and I have recently created this new profile because I have gained a whole 42lbs last year! and for my 5'1 frame that is not good, We are all here for each other, we all slip up but we also got to know when to stay "enough is enough" I have lost 3lbs since last week and this is what is inspiring me to keep going AND seeing the success stories also motivate me.

xxxxxxxxx Feel free to add me, we can support each other x
  • NoExcusesFitnessCoach
    Options
    Thanks NoExcuses...I'm sure you won't let me use my ankle arthritis and back problem as an excuse...

There are no excuses :smile:

When I started my journey, I suffered from fibromyalgia and was in CONSTANT PAIN everywhere. I could barely make it up a flight of stairs. But I didn't let that stop me. It hasn't even been a year since I started and I haven't had a symptom since. I workout daily and I've hiked to the summit of 2 13,000 foot mountains. So, you can see why I chose the username No Excuses. We can do ANYTHING!
  • RebsOnTheRocks
    Options
    You need to do it for yourself, I have been a member of MFP for over 2 years and I have recently created this new profile because I have gained a whole 42lbs last year! and for my 5'1 frame that is not good, We are all here for each other, we all slip up but we also got to know when to stay "enough is enough" I have lost 3lbs since last week and this is what is inspiring me to keep going AND seeing the success stories also motivate me.

xxxxxxxxx Feel free to add me, we can support each other x

I too have a tiny frame with way too much weight on it (also joined over 2 years ago and have ended gaining more weight since I started)... I have finally reached my "enough is enough", especially with Spring right around the corner! Please add me... would love some additional support and motivation!
  • RebsOnTheRocks
    Options
    Hi, I have used MFP on my phone app for years and all it did was make me feel guilty that I couldn't even manage to make it a whole week without blowing my calorie goal. 4.5 years ago, I was at my goal weight and I have slowly crept up to 22 pounds over. My resolve on my own is inadequate. I need a community. I loved the app for what it could do and hated myself for not being able to stick to it.

So here I am, ready to work this.

About me: I am 57 years old, have 4 children, 5 grandchildren and a desk job. I love to cook and I love to eat. I like to modify recipes to make them healthier. I live with my SO of 4 years and he also loves cooking and eating. He prefers to eat healthy but does not have a desk job. He indulges his cravings whenever he has them and he is able to maintain his weight in spite of it.

I am hopeful that having message boards available, that I can find advice (or ask for it) on a variety of topics. I can't do this by myself and am looking forward to your support.

Great to hear that you're reaching out for support, I've also learned that we ALL need it! Feel free to add me... I look forward to supporting each other!