Any tall women out there?

Options

Replies

• Future_Mrs_Philipp
    Future_Mrs_Philipp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am 6 foot tall with extremely long legs (37 1/2 inseam!) My starting weight was 190lbs wearing a size 12 pant and large shirts. I am wanting to lose 25 lbs getting down to a 8 pant size and a medium shirt.

I have been working out 6 times a week with a goal to burn at least 500 calories per workout. If I don't hit that goal I usually go back to the gym and run 2 miles. I keep my calorie intake to no more than 1,900 calories a day. I just got my fitbit in the mail today so I am setting another goal to walk 10,000 steps per day! My diet consists of lots of veggies and fruits!!! I try not to combine starched with proteins, but sometimes pizza sounds so good! So I just make sure I burn a little bit more at the gym that day!!

Hope this helps! Feel free to add me!
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Is 5'8.5" tall enough??

At 154 lbs my measurements are 37-28-40.5 size 6 in most pants or dresses. Goals are 137 lbs and 35-25-37. I know I'm always going to be a little bigger on bottom! My thighs are currently a massive 23" compared to the rest of me, I'd like to get them to 20.

I eat fairly low cal M-F (1500 or below) and then don't really track on weekends and instead just try to make healthy choices. I run about four days a week at long slow mileage. I am getting more and more into heavy lifting but am working around a knee injury that is holding me back from getting into Stronglifts perfectly.

Hope this helps! Feel free to add me.
  • ___bella
    ___bella Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I feel you sister!

Being bigger than everyone else in every aspect I find it seriously hard to imagine myself any smaller

But, I have friend who would be about 5'10.5" and she take an australian 12 - 14 (about an American 8 - 10 I think) she isn't stick thin either, and I don't believe her size is unattainable so stay strong you can get there!!
  • lindsaydvacek
    lindsaydvacek Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love these posts with the tall ladies - I'm 5'10" and about a size 10/12 now.. but even at my heaviest, i wasn't much bigger 14/16 at my biggest. I've always stayed around the same size even when the lbs were more. I just have a lil bit more to hold onto. I'm sure this is because of my frame. My goal weight is 150 but I've never been less than 158 and that was in high school so who knows! Thanks for the inspiration ladies!

SW: 198lbs
    CW: 165lbs
    GW: 150lbs
  • michelleintx
    michelleintx Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thanks for the 10 pound increment pics. Love that idea :-)
    Hey! I'm 5'11", started as 247lbs and got down to 165. I'm maintaining around there trying to lower my body fat % so I'm not so skinny fat. Anyways, here are some pictures. I started wearing size 20 pants and now I'm wearing a size 8! I like the size I am now, I just don't wanna be so mushy or have love handles. lol

Best of luck!

3819ce29-dbff-4e30-afd5-b4cb8dcb596a_zps339a5037.jpg
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    5' 10" here.
  • dixieracer27
    dixieracer27 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0" tall and started out as a size 20, and that was a year ago. I'm now in a size 14 and probably going to have to go buy some new jeans soon. It can be done! I never thought I'd get below a 16 but when I did it was such a feeling of achievement.
  • moment_to_arise
    moment_to_arise Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9", weight 190lbs and wear a size 8 or 10 depending on the brand name.
  • moment_to_arise
    moment_to_arise Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I love these posts with the tall ladies - I'm 5'10" and about a size 10/12 now.. but even at my heaviest, i wasn't much bigger 14/16 at my biggest. I've always stayed around the same size even when the lbs were more. I just have a lil bit more to hold onto. I'm sure this is because of my frame. My goal weight is 150 but I've never been less than 158 and that was in high school so who knows! Thanks for the inspiration ladies!

SW: 198lbs
    CW: 165lbs
    GW: 150lbs

1510817_10152218724001081_1197690414_n.jpg

my goodness your tattoo looks BEAUTIFUL!
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump for tall chicks!
  • Kelsi500
    Options
    Hey there,
    I am 5'8" and very active at a current 154 lbs. I work out 6-7 days a week for at least 30min but usually 60-120min. My smallest pant size has been a size 6 when I was in my peak shape of 145 lbs, and I eat very healthy. Currently I am a size 8 in slacks and 10 in jeans. People do not believe that I wear a size 10 when I tell them (love that). My athletic frame and muscly legs just do not fit in much smaller. My current goal is to loose fat (not just lbs). I could stay a 10 and be perfectly content as long as I feel good and when I squeeze in that size 10 I feel attractive for my body figure. <3 Hope this helps you, my biggest issue has always been how I feel in my own body and how numbers cannot always determine your fitness level. Muscle causes some of us (ME!!!!) to wear larger sizes. (:
  • wildrose957498
    wildrose957498 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    hello saw your post and thought I'd share. I'm 5'9, my pant size was 16-18 tall, but after losing 20 pounds last year I am fitting a size 14 tall real nice (not skin tight either lol). if you need support just add me. nice meeting ya! good luck on your goal! a friend maybe, April
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9". Starting weight around 280 and size 26/28 pants and 3X tops. Current weight 145 and size 6L jeans (some 8Ls) and medium tops.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5'10 and 173.

I used to be 200 and never thought I could dip below a 16. I think 12-14 will be it for me since I'm built with a large bone structure like my grandmother, who could have played defensive tackle in the NFL.

:drinker:
  • amberbabb26
    amberbabb26 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Im 6"1. I started out at 227 and pants size 20. I'm currently 175 and pants size 9. That progress in a year. You can see by profile pic the change
  • KatherinesRiver
    Options
    Heck, yes! 5' 11" and 279 and feeling like an Amazon Woman! I keep hearing, "But you are tall, you can carry the weight". I am so sorry but I can't carry the weight. I joined today. I am so determined to get on track.

Katherine V.
  • chelsysutton0522
    Options
    im 5'9 235lbs. Iv been up and down lately. I just had my daughter 8 months ago. But my *kitten* is back on track! lol
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 6' tall with long legs and an hourglass figure. I have a 37 inch inseam, and wear a 38DD bra. Measurements are 43-32-43 (as of Feb1).

My highest weight was 194 lbs my senior year of high school. After battling with bulemia in college I got down to about 148, still 38DD. I could fit into any size 8 pants that were long enough and size 10 dresses. But you could see my ribs, hip bones, etc.

I'm currently at around 181 (down from 189 Jan 1) and shooting for 160/165. For me, this is probably a size 8-10. I do have volleyball player thighs, and I don't want to get down too far to lose my athletic body.
  • jennlynn45
    jennlynn45 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1 1/2" and am currently at 182lbs. At my heaviest, I was 250lbs and in a size 18 pants and xxl shirt. Right now, I am in a size 10 pants and medium shirt. My body fat seems to be around 25% so I'm still aiming at lowering that and right now, my ultimate goal weight is 170. I just cannot get rid of the excess fat around my waist and love handles but am satisfied with everything else.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!