Boot Camp?

I'm new to this website and have a question about logging exercise. How do I log classes like Boot Camp on here? It's different workout every class and we do so many different things that listing them individually would be ridiculously time consuming. Thoughts?

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    I'm new to this website and have a question about logging exercise. How do I log classes like Boot Camp on here? It's different workout every class and we do so many different things that listing them individually would be ridiculously time consuming. Thoughts?

You could get a heart rate monitor and get an estimate on calories from that. Or just pull an estimate from the MFP database.
  • Thanks, I can't find the majority of the things we do listed in the database so I will probably have to invest in a heart rate monitor.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Thanks, I can't find the majority of the things we do listed in the database so I will probably have to invest in a heart rate monitor.

Until you do, log it as circuit training. You'll get a pretty good ballpark guess from that, and it's already in the database.
  • Thanks, I can't find the majority of the things we do listed in the database so I will probably have to invest in a heart rate monitor.

Until you do, log it as circuit training. You'll get a pretty good ballpark guess from that, and it's already in the database.

Thanks!
  • MaraGollin
    MaraGollin Posts: 3 Member
    My New Balance N4 Pearl should be arriving today. I've never had a heart rate monitor / calorie burn machine, so I'm sort of excited. I also just started going to a 30 minute boot camp several times a week. When I put in "circuit training" in MFP, it tells me 179 calories, which I keep listed, but I will be curious to know how many I really burn!!! I burn more than 179 calories doing much less rigorous exercise!

I'll try to remember to post my findings!