Shakeology vs Herbalife....Ready, Set, Go!

2»

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Herbalife is for some & not everyone. Half the people that knock it down can't afford it and so be it. It's not for those who live paycheck to paycheck. I use it, I've lost close to 20lbs. Being a distributor I've learned a lot about nutrition, I attend wellness seminars, I read my literature & I even try it before I back it. My husband is a certified personal trainer on top of active duty military he uses the herbalife 24 line & he has more definition. You get what you pay for. It is very convenient & that's why I haven't failed. Also, because my optimum calorie & protein intake is proportionate to my BMI. if people fail, its not because they know nothing about nutrition its because they dont understand their own BMI. I work 40-50hrs a week and 2 out of 3 of my meals are spent at work. So taking 5 minutes to make a lunch that fills me up and tastes like chocolate milk works for me. I don't push my products on people. If they ask questions I'll give you answers.

Lol at all of this. Us poor folk also work 50-60 hours a week, but choose to eat whole natural sources. Glad it works for you and your active duty personal trainer husband. Most of us spend our money where it suits us better.
  • nsdali79
    nsdali79 Posts: 1
    Smartest post I've read this far. Opinions, don't necessarily help those who are confused and just searching for an unbiased answer.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    They are both a waste of money. They provide no use if you eat from natural protein sources. Why not make your own protein shake if you want a shake? I don't see the point of paying so much for something that you can eat naturally. Are you going to continue to pay for them for years? I would put that money into buying the right foods and educate yourself on how to lose naturally with a calorie deficit. It's easier than you think and you don't have to drink your meals.

Do your homework. I don't drink Shakeology to lose weight, I drink it b/c no probiotics in the world worked on my IBS-C and nothing worked for my immune system. I went from getting sick once per month for over 2 years to getting sick 3 times in the past 15 months, and I drive a school bus. I also no longer need to drink 24 oz of coffee everyday, plus a Red Bull or Starbucks Double Shot drink. But that's only MY experience...
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Why not mix in some raspberry ketones and wash it down w/ some POWERTHIRST?

They have some great new flavors:

http://youtu.be/t-3qncy5Qfk
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    I love Shakeology for the convenience. I use it as a snack not a meal. It's one less thing I have to worry about. I'm a working mom. I'll take a healthy convenience where I can get it. I drink mine at 2:30pm so when I leave work at 4pm I'm not starving and make unhealthy choices. I get my daughters from daycare and get home and make supper. I don't feel like I need to chew my arm off because I'm so hungry. To me it is worth it to not over eat.

• Lol at all of this. Us poor folk also work 50-60 hours a week, but choose to eat whole natural sources. Glad it works for you and your active duty personal trainer husband. Most of us spend our money where it suits us better.

don't mock me, I was simply posting my position on it & how it fits in my lifestyle. I also incorporate whole natural foods into my diet between my meals and in my dinners. It's harder to find around here. I also don't always have two shakes a day now that I'm at my goal weight.. You don't have two shakes a day for life. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Neither... Both are for people who are too lazy to learn about nutrition... :x

Yaaaa...ok...I've maintained my weight loss for over 20 years before I started drinking Shakeology. You?
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Some opinions should be kept to ourselves.. =)
  • Herbaliever4Life
    Herbaliever4Life Posts: 1 Member
    honestly you have to find what works for you! the Herbalife products are legit and do what they are supposed to do... HELP you become a healthier you... but it really boils down to how bad do you want it?

i have a daughter and she's 5.. i was smaller and healthier the year i gave birth to her.. then i worked at a call center for 4 years and gained about 10lbs a year from living a sedentary life and not eating well... I played sports all my life and have always been athletic.. going to the gym and going had was never the issue - but i still didn't lose weight.. i tried to "just" eat "clean", i tried a couple different diet techniques.. NOTHING WORKED for me EXCEPT HERBALIFE :) .... i lost 10lbs within my first two weeks AND I NEVER WENT HUNGRY! i actually eat every 2-3 hours... and i feel and look wayyy better.... recently i tried on something i bought 3 yrs ago that I said i would fit in to and never did till LAST WEEK! and to be honest i was cheating on my nutrition plan but i still got great results... that's why i decided to become a health coach!!! I AM NOT AN HERBALIEVER ... i love helping people and want to help them become their best version and become HERBALIEVERS TOO! you can find me on fb and see my progress if you'd like... :wink:
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Herbalife is for some & not everyone. Half the people that knock it down can't afford it and so be it. It's not for those who live paycheck to paycheck. I use it, I've lost close to 20lbs. Being a distributor I've learned a lot about nutrition, I attend wellness seminars, I read my literature & I even try it before I back it. My husband is a certified personal trainer on top of active duty military he uses the herbalife 24 line & he has more definition. You get what you pay for. It is very convenient & that's why I haven't failed. Also, because my optimum calorie & protein intake is proportionate to my BMI. if people fail, its not because they know nothing about nutrition its because they dont understand their own BMI. I work 40-50hrs a week and 2 out of 3 of my meals are spent at work. So taking 5 minutes to make a lunch that fills me up and tastes like chocolate milk works for me. I don't push my products on people. If they ask questions I'll give you answers.

Now I REALLY don't want to try it.

(Not that I ever did.)

You can make your own shakes easily enough, but instead of asking for opinions maybe you should try it out for yourself and find out. I agree with those who wonder, will you do it for the rest of your life? Figure out a diet that fits into your life, that you can stick with forever. Sometimes that requires trial and error.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    yup both are a waste
    diet and exercise is the only way to lose weight and keep it off
  • Then why are you reading this forum? Call me what you will, I've worked hard to be able to do what I want. I'm just being honest. I've had a few people I've given them their meal plans and they backed out because of price. I'm just simply saying its not cheap. Nothing worth having or using ever is. Go ahead, continue to buy your store brand diet pills.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    I would try Shakeology for weight loss. It is that new dance craze, isn't it?
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    It's just meal replacement... if you're lazy and time is money then go ahead and spend the $$$. If you have the time to spend and not the money just cook.
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    If you want shakes get whey protien for after work outs. Unless your going to stay on shakes forever then take the time to learn more about healthy clean eating. If you have a goal weight then you will hit it on the shakes... but because you have not learned about nutrition and eating well as soon as you stop the "meal replacements" you will put the weight back on. This is why people here are trying to encourage you to avoid them. You can eat well for half the cost of these shakes. Not to mention eating proper food is far more enjoyable then a bland grainy shake. Good luck on your journey however you go forward with it xx
  • Shakeology is an excellent product,people,saying it is a waste of money have no idea what they're talking about.And no i'm not a Beachbody coach.
  • I really think you need to look at the ingredients in Shakeology before making such a ridiculous claim.Have you worked out how much it would cost to buy them all individually?
  • hww51
    hww51 Posts: 17 Member
    I am almost through a month using Vanilla Shakeology and I have found that it does satisfy my hunger. I add in a small banana or other fruit and mix with either almond milk or greek yogurt to get me to 350-400 calories for my breakfast. I don't see using the product forever, but if it works for some people - I don't think we should discourage them from trying it. For me, I need variety - and after 25 days of shakeology I can see where I'd get bored with this longer term. In addition, I have to buy it from the US (I'm Canadian) and when you factor in exchange and duty it's quite pricey.

For me - walking 10,000 steps a day, staying within my weight loss calorie range and staying away from processed and fried foods results in 1-2 lbs a week in weight loss. Shakeology is just one tool that helped me kick start things.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,909 Member
    Optimum Nutrition wins (Gold Standard whey or Nitrocore 24)

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition