For anyone that started January 1st (or around then)

Options

Replies

• seashell709
    seashell709 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i officially started jan 1st and have logged ever day. It is challenging at times but i find it worth it. Keep up the good work.
  • megsanbacon
    Options
    Hello all! i'm brand new to this site, and like many of you... this is my boyfriend and i's resolution. To get fit!!
    Your words of encouragement are inspirinng! :)

We're about to embark on a T-25 journey as well. Has anyone else already tried this program?
  • thekeelbystamps
    thekeelbystamps Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you :love:
  • Yariemar
    Yariemar Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I started last saturday...and have lost 2.2 pounds since then. Congrasts on your weight loss! I am looking for supportive MFP friends. It will be great if I can add you to my list.
  • mzbiatchy
    mzbiatchy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I joined again Jan 1 this year and can use more support. I am doing this for myself and so far have lost 16.5 lbs by just tracking my eating here. this weekend i am going to re-introduce activity to my life. My resolution this year was not to lose weight but to Never Give Up. :happy:
  • tinamariecleg
    tinamariecleg Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Great advice! Sent you a friend request
  • megsanbacon
    Options
    AMEN!!
    I know exactly what you mean by setting up for failure!
    Often i think '55 lbs?! that'll take FOREVER' and i usually give up after about 10lbs or so.

It's got to be 1 minute at a time, and for me 1lb at a time!
  • BonecrusherBrews
    BonecrusherBrews Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I started Jan. 15. Can I be in your club?
  • seamoth
    seamoth Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great advice! And I won't. Give up. :)
  • tammylester6
    tammylester6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. It's been the same for me. I've been staying also around 1200 calories and been working out 5-6 days a week and not much has changed on the scale. I keep telling my self that my body is just trying to adjust. I'm trying not to get discouraged. I'm also glad to have this put into perspective.. Thanks
  • bb_lose_weight
    bb_lose_weight Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Anyone looking to add an extra friend drop me a request...
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    welcome. u took the 1st step in making ur life better. a step here and there adds up. just keep marching forward when things get rough. we eventually get thru that sticking point and find another obstacle 2 overcome. it's a journey. one we should enjoy. some days will b better than others. some days we will need more support than others. the finish line is just around the corner 4 all of us. we may not see it...but it's there. every tomorrow is a new day. make the best of it. I wish everyone the best on their journey. I will see all of u at the finish line. together...we will stand and fight. great support makes it easier.
  • FearlessEquestrian
    FearlessEquestrian Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I started just over a week ago, lost 1.5kgs already :wink: Feeling great, and the intense amount of energy I have now is all I need to keep me going :smile:
  • Holly_Gets_Hot
    Holly_Gets_Hot Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 6th with MFP and a weight loss channel on youtube... so great for accountability.
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Amen Sister!!! :-)
  • GlitterBrittGetsFit
    Options
    [/quote] I didn't gain it all in a month, and I won't lose it that fast either. [/quote]

I really love this! :)
  • tgermain
    tgermain Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great advice:). Thanks
  • scarlettesong
    scarlettesong Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'll jump in here! I actually started right after Christmas but before January 1st. I didn't even realize it was a resolution until everyone started pointing it out to me. I didn't jump on MFP right away. I kind of thought "Well I've counted calories before, so i know how much I'm taking." I guess maybe not, so here I am!
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I have been an on again/off again on here and believe me I regret it. I'm really hoping that this will be my year. I'm trying to remember how easy it was for me to put it back on when I gave up. I don't want to do that this time. I've added more friends because the ones I had on here were from real life and are pretty much inactive. I feel like I have a good cheering squad in my section now. I also purchased a food scale and a fitbit. Good lord I had no idea that even when I was eating fairly healthy, I was underestimating my portion sizes and probably didn't have a deficit, or as much of one as I thought.

Thank you for the encouragement. When I started on the first I was groaning, saying "I hate to be a new year's resolution cliche", but at this point, whatever it took to put me on my path is okay with me. I've lost 10 lbs. this month and a ton of inches. I joined a 12 week challenge at the gym and at that point, I will find something else to challenge me for another 12 weeks, rinse, repeat. One of my goals is to log in here every day this year, and to use my food diary every day.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    " If you had kept going all the times you have quit, you'd be there by now!"

My mantra and motivational quote right there!