How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• j3nndar3lla
    Options
    I'm so happy to read this, haha! I thought I was the only one ;) I do it daily as I can keep track of what's working for me and what's not. As everyone else has said, if you can handle it without letting it ruin your whole day and/or obsessing over it (I, too, have watch myself :P) then go for it.
  • kayla786
    kayla786 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every single day. I have read online that it's not always a good thing to do that because some people tend to get discouraged when they see their weight has not gone down, or even if it has gone up a little, but as long as you realize that it's normal for the body to fluctuate, then you should be fine. I feel like weighing myself every single day has helped me stay on track. I have learned so much about my body this way, I know what works for me, and what doesn't. I also record my weight weekly. Although I step on the scale every day, I only record my new weight on Sunday's, and this, too, keeps me motivated. It's pretty cool to look back and see how far I have come. I actually look forward to my "weigh in day" every week! Just like everyone else, I have my bad weeks and I have my good weeks. We all hit a plateau eventually, and that is normal. As long as you keep pushing yourself, you will eventually get through it! Good luck!

Also, just like others have stated, the best time to weigh yourself is first thing in the morning, after you have peed!
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 3 times a week. They say once a week. same day and time is best. Oh well this works for me.
  • mmcdonald700
    mmcdonald700 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    If you just started and you don't feel comfortable weighing yourself so soon, just give it another week! Sometimes people's weight will drop dramatically in the first week (due to water loss from burning off glycogen stores; glycogen (a quick energy release carbohydrate storage) will store 3x its weight in water weight), some people don't notice a lot of change in the first month due to changes in diet and exercise. Some people find that if they start a new or different exercise program their body retains water for a couple weeks. If you can't handle looking at the scale and seeing no loss or even a couple pound gain and not being discouraged.. I would just wait. If you know you're eating at a deficit you CAN'T be putting on weight (that requires being very honest in your diary and weighing and logging everything). I generally take solace in the fact that I know any weight gain can't be fat because I'm definitely eating at a 500-1000 calorie deficit every day.
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,044 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies guys :)

I think I'll weigh myself the morning after Day 7, then weekly for the first month.... then maybe daily after that :O
  • Rhinemaidens3
    Options
    I weigh weekly.
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,044 Member
    Options
    So I decided I couldn't wait any longer, its day 6 and I decided to weigh myself after my morning pee.... and ive lost 6 pounds so far!!? I wasn't expecting those results this soon!

Ive been eating over at least 1200 calories a day, I have been ill (cold) the last two days, could that have affected it?

Not gonna lie though, I was very pleasantly surprised! :)
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself anymore. However when my goal was scale weight I weighed once every month.

Bodyfat percentage, tape measure and the mirror are my tools now. I don't really care what the scale says
  • emmaelisenl
    emmaelisenl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, it's interesting to see. On tuesday I have my official weekly weigh- and measure day.
  • 365Keto
    365Keto Posts: 15
    Options
    Every morning
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Only when my doctor insists on it.
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Once every few weeks :)
  • EmpoweringMe331
    Options
    I weigh myself daily after my morning pee- naked as well. I wish I could last 3 months..... I feel that when I weigh myself daily, I hold myself accountable more. When I have gone months without checking my weight- I gain weight.
  • lcb88
    lcb88 Posts: 13
    Options
    Every other week.
  • jolancy
    jolancy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly, also take key measurements weekly (hips, bust & waist) as they can change even when the number on the scale doesn't budge.
  • swiftiesbuddies
    swiftiesbuddies Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh once a week or the weightloss becomes so miniscule its no longer a bonus,
    Better to see weight coming of in "lumps" rather than teaspoons, The motivation is greater then to carry on.

If you weigh daily then your tempted to miss bits off your diet which can be dangerous,
    or put your body in starvation mode, and then you stop losing weight altogether :)
  • moylek
    moylek Posts: 27
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning - same routine as several others here: get up, pee, weigh myself.

There difference from one day to the next can be almost 2 lbs. so the daily weighing lets see through the noise of the short-term variation to the trend.
  • Cloudfish
    Cloudfish Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I used to do it once a week and found it very inspiring. I'm going for once a month now, cos I want to see sudden drops!
  • Tabithas_Transformation
    Options
    I'm only on week 2 of my diet so I've been weighing twice a week - especially since I've only just seen the scale move downwards this morning. I would have felt discouraged if I weighed myself everyday and saw no difference to begin with.

Once I pass 6 weeks I'll start weighing myself more often.