Stuck on weight !! :(

2»

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Must try harder. If you arent losing weight, it is your real, honest calorie intake that needs to come down.

Helpful ! But I get what your saying - but I literally weigh all my food out as I have digital scales. When I was netting 600-800kcal a day by the end of two weeks I hadn't lost any weight & was so exhausted and depressed.

What cereal is only 168 cal?
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Must try harder. If you arent losing weight, it is your real, honest calorie intake that needs to come down.

Helpful ! But I get what your saying - but I literally weigh all my food out as I have digital scales. When I was netting 600-800kcal a day by the end of two weeks I hadn't lost any weight & was so exhausted and depressed.

What cereal is only 168 cal?

Cornflakes with skim milk? A really small portion though!
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Weight training to tighten up.

I'm not sure why so many young women want this low body weight number.

Anyhow, you ARE starving yourself with calories based off of your body statistics you gave, assuming they are true.. You need to up your calories a lot.

Personally, I think you would look a lot better at your current weight if you added resistance training and upped your calories and got a small amount of muscle as compared to going down to 120lb. area.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member

Her calorie intake does not need to come down.
  • martyqueen52

Please don't post and give advice if you don't understand nutrition, which is blatantly obvious. So you're suggesting she drop into the 1,000 and under calorie limit...? lol...
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member

Please don't post and give advice if you don't understand nutrition, which is blatantly obvious. So you're suggesting she drop into the 1,000 and under calorie limit...? lol...

Doh! Please don't post and give advice if you don't understand what I mean by being honest with oneself. I have even written subsequent posts to this so perhaps you could read them

Further to these posts, I am suggesting that what she is actually eating amasses to more calories than she is actually recording, hence not losing the weight suggested.
  • DawnieB1977

This seems to be the standard response from some people on here. Oh, you're lying about your intake, or you need a bigger deficit! I wonder where these people studied nutrition.....

I lost more weight at a smaller deficit.

I agree that strength training helps too.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member

This seems to be the standard response from some people on here. Oh, you're lying about your intake, or you need a bigger deficit! I wonder where these people studied nutrition.....

sometimes what happens tho even with using a digital scale etc...the entries chosen are off...I always always double check the entries before I used it...either to the package or the USDA site or based on the number of confirmations it has...

I have seen entries for lets say a banana so far off it wasn't funny...so in reality there could be extra calories in there.
  • martyqueen52

Doh! Please don't post and give advice if you don't understand what I mean by being honest with oneself. I have even written subsequent posts to this so perhaps you could read them

Further to these posts, I am suggesting that what she is actually eating amasses to more calories than she is actually recording, hence not losing the weight suggested.

There's a difference between differentiating honesty, and going into a catabolic state due to calories which is what WILL happen. There's a thing called reverse dieting you should educate yourself on.

Your post count, history, amass is irrelevant when idiocy is spouted out.
  • Dnarules

sometimes what happens tho even with using a digital scale etc...the entries chosen are off...I always always double check the entries before I used it...either to the package or the USDA site or based on the number of confirmations it has...

I have seen entries for lets say a banana so far off it wasn't funny...so in reality there could be extra calories in there.

But in this case I don't think this is the big issue. Even if she were 200 calories off in her logging, she has a very large deficit going now so I don't think this is what is going on in this situation. She is quite active, and only netting 1100. IMO, she needs to increase her calories. And with that, yes, she needs to double check her logging, because as the deficit gets smaller, logging errors have a bigger impact.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member

There's a difference between differentiating honesty, and going into a catabolic state due to calories which is what WILL happen. There's a thing called reverse dieting you should educate yourself on.

Your post count, history, amass is irrelevant when idiocy is spouted out.

What are you banging on about? What point of "it is your real, HONEST calorie intake that needs to come down" dont you understand.

So not to confuse I have capitalised the word honest to highlight what I said in the first place and what you ignored. And in case you start banging on about how unclear that it is, the OP responded to that with much more ease than you have managed.

I might go and educate myself after you have gone back to playschool and learnt how to read. Is that fair?
  • DawnieB1977

But in this case I don't think this is the big issue. Even if she were 200 calories off in her logging, she has a very large deficit going now so I don't think this is what is going on in this situation. She is quite active, and only netting 1100. IMO, she needs to increase her calories. And with that, yes, she needs to double check her logging, because as the deficit gets smaller, logging errors have a bigger impact.

I calculated my TDEE, knocked off 20%, then knocked off some more, just to make allowances for incorrect logging. So I always had a big enough deficit. However, that doesn't explain why I lost more weight aiming for 1500 than 1200 though!

Some people on here can't seem to accept that though.
  • Dnarules

I calculated my TDEE, knocked off 20%, then knocked off some more, just to make allowances for incorrect logging. So I always had a big enough deficit. However, that doesn't explain why I lost more weight aiming for 1500 than 1200 though!

I think at 1200 your deficit was too high. I have seen this a lot. People raise their calories a bit and eat at a more reasonable deficit, and they lose weight faster. The people I have seen this in the most are those that are working out like crazy and not eating back their exercise calories. Even if their logging is off a bit, they would still be at a large deficit. They often tend to stall pretty quickly. So I am agreeing with you here. I wasn't sure if you knew that :).
  • lolapointe28
    lolapointe28 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey Ellen,

The BEST way to lose the last few pounds is to increase the intensity of your exercise. Some new workouts like Insanity, T25 (only 25 minutes but kind of expensive on amazon), tabata training, any kind of high intensity interval training does this. I like to do Tabatas: 20 seconds of high intensity 10 seconds off (you can buy music that counds for you). You can do 8, 30 sec tabatas in a row, then do some low intensity squats, pushups, lunges, etc. in between each set of 8 tabatas (30 sec each as described above). High intensity includes things like: squat jumps, plyometric lunges, burpees, etc. I am not to my last pounds but I am very fit so it's hard for me to lose weight and this is my plan when I get there!

Loren
  • DawnieB1977

I think at 1200 your deficit was too high. I have seen this a lot. People raise their calories a bit and eat at a more reasonable deficit, and they lose weight faster. The people I have seen this in the most are those that are working out like crazy and not eating back their exercise calories. Even if their logging is off a bit, they would still be at a large deficit. They often tend to stall pretty quickly. So I am agreeing with you here. I wasn't sure if you knew that :).

Lol that describes me! I was exercising maybe 6 times a week, running round after my 2 young kids, eating 1200, and not eating back exercise calories! I soon learned my lesson after joining MFP :smile:

I'm pregnant now and aiming for 1900. I'm still working out and running after the kids :smile: MFP still keeps telling me I'll lose weight in 5 weeks. Um, no!
  • Hey Ellen,

The BEST way to lose the last few pounds is to increase the intensity of your exercise. Some new workouts like Insanity, T25 (only 25 minutes but kind of expensive on amazon), tabata training, any kind of high intensity interval training does this. I like to do Tabatas: 20 seconds of high intensity 10 seconds off (you can buy music that counds for you). You can do 8, 30 sec tabatas in a row, then do some low intensity squats, pushups, lunges, etc. in between each set of 8 tabatas (30 sec each as described above). High intensity includes things like: squat jumps, plyometric lunges, burpees, etc. I am not to my last pounds but I am very fit so it's hard for me to lose weight and this is my plan when I get there!

Loren

Thank you Loren !!

So overall it need to eat slightly more calories and really increase my exercise and do separate workouts on top of my daily routine. I wouldn't have much time - maybe 20mins a day. What could you suggest?
    Thanks x
  • Please to announce that after eating porridge for breakfast, I have now lost a further 2Ibs which means only 4 to go. I am very happy - the porridge must contain something that my body needed to lose weight.
    Thanks guys !