guestimate my body fat

Options
My scale tells me 16-17%, what do you guys think?

Relaxed
http://i.imgur.com/3tOzEW2.jpg

Tensing
http://i.imgur.com/WVWBK3T.jpg

Replies

• Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    I'm guessing around 50%, just from those 2 pics. And I'm a doctor, so you can trust me. Scales lie.
  • Dandman1990
    Dandman1990 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm going to come across as a totaly douche but oh well... Why on earth are you asking people to guess your body fat %? If you really think it's wrong simply go to your doctor and get it measured or find a fitness expert that can do it, or any other option. If you don't think it's wrong then why the heck does this exist?
  • alexanderzamani
    alexanderzamani Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey, just figured I'd answer your questions.

Firstly, I have a feeling it might be wrong, but I'm not sure.

Secondly, doctor's here in the UK won't generally measure your bodyfat unless it's for medical reasons.

Thirdly, I don't have the money right now to get my bodyfat measured by a fitness expert.

It's not really a big deal, but I'm just curious.
  • Dandman1990
    Dandman1990 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Are you registered with a GP? My doctor had no problem with measuring my body fat when I went in for a checkup and it only took a few minutes. You can also just ask t oget a medical certificate where they will give you a full medical evaluation and it costs upto £10 and can be free (depends on your specific doctor/surgery etc I guess). And I'm in the U.K too.
  • TomfromNY
    TomfromNY Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    23%
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    20%

Get a body fat caliper for a couple pounds.
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    looks like your scale is right, its about that much bodyfat no more than 20 percent no less than 15 percent by the looks of it, though if i may suggest, add a little bit of muscle mass coz low bodyfat will mean little if your LBM is low as well, take a look at my pics, the last pic was about i think 13-15 percent bodyfat still high although a little muscle mass goes a long way.
  • alexanderzamani
    alexanderzamani Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    oh nice, didn't know that. Yeah, I might go for that.