Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

To anyone who once called me friend...

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    I think someone needs a hug. Sorry you lost your friends, OP, but maybe if we keep bumping it, some of them will see this.

dr-evil-crying1.gif.pagespeed.ce.eT2kzytVbv.gif
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    That's a great poem...

I've seen better.

Agreed. Rhyming poems are the bane of poetry. It's really hard for me as an editor to take a poet seriously when they focus on rhyming scheme over content, style, and statement.

Not bashing though. Though personally, I'm not one for passive gestures. I have made friends here, but the ones that become important to me are in my phone and on my FB list so even if they decide to leave MFP, we still stay connected.
    not bashing but bashing
    and not everyone does things the way you do.

I don't say that they do, or that they have to. I'm entitled to my opinion just as anyone else.
    I changed my original comment within the 2 minutes after I posted because I changed my mind about what I wanted to say, and two people jumped on me for it... Nice.

Anyway, there was no bashing there. I stated something about my experience as an editor (and as a published poet) that is actually a pretty common opinion in the literary world. I didn't say this author was doing that, though, and that's why I decided to change my original comment because I figured people would misconstrue my statement.

Appears I was right.

I think you probably edited it because you realized it sounded pretentious.

I don't think you know what that word means. That's okay though, go on with your bad self.

I'm out! hahaha :)
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    ...so heartfelt...so honest...

Your apology shows humility and courage.

Even if unforgiven, you can move forward now. You are free from chains of past.

One more step though....

Forgive yourself....
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Not sure what is going on here, but you sound like you are legitimately hurting. I've been through a lot in life. Many things that others can't even begin to imagine. I think often we want everything to stay the same, but life constantly changes. We have to learn to be flexible and adjust. It's not comfortable.

It seems like you have lost friends on here. This might be a "fitness" or "weight loss" site, but when you look deeper it is a self improvement site. It sucks opening up to people and feeling hurt when they leave or cut us off.

If you need someone to talk to send me a PM.
  • my condolences on your loss

and I'm sorry that you were the engineer of that loss.

nothing hurts more than coming to the realization that you have lost some very important things in your life...

through your own shortsighted and reckless actions.

I'm sorry that happened to you.
  • Dan_Druff
    Dan_Druff Posts: 104
    That's a great poem...

I've seen better.

Agreed. Rhyming poems are the bane of poetry. It's really hard for me as an editor to take a poet seriously when they focus on rhyming scheme over content, style, and statement.

Not bashing though. Though personally, I'm not one for passive gestures. I have made friends here, but the ones that become important to me are in my phone and on my FB list so even if they decide to leave MFP, we still stay connected.
    not bashing but bashing
    and not everyone does things the way you do.

I don't say that they do, or that they have to. I'm entitled to my opinion just as anyone else.
    I changed my original comment within the 2 minutes after I posted because I changed my mind about what I wanted to say, and two people jumped on me for it... Nice.

Anyway, there was no bashing there. I stated something about my experience as an editor (and as a published poet) that is actually a pretty common opinion in the literary world. I didn't say this author was doing that, though, and that's why I decided to change my original comment because I figured people would misconstrue my statement.

Appears I was right.

I think you probably edited it because you realized it sounded pretentious.

I don't think you know what that word means. That's okay though, go on with your bad self.

I'm out! hahaha :)

You're the (pretentious) editor/poem writing expert, why don't you tell us what it means. :smokin:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Are we talking real life friends here or MFP "friends"?
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Write me a poem I can send to people called "I'm sorry I did that when I was drunk"
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    I liked the poem and a very nice way to reach out to your friends. If they read it, i am sure they will like it!
  • I think someone needs a hug. Sorry you lost your friends, OP, but maybe if we keep bumping it, some of them will see this.

dr-evil-crying1.gif.pagespeed.ce.eT2kzytVbv.gif
    LOL
  • kamalelwa
    kamalelwa Posts: 44 Member
    I HATE TO SOUND LIKE MY PARENTS BUT ARE YOU ON SOMETHING??????
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    I HATE TO SOUND LIKE MY PARENTS BUT ARE YOU ON SOMETHING??????

Your parents must have yelled at you. A lot.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    I think I just deleted you during a fl clean up because you never logged on. Wasn't pissed or anything.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Get a hold of yourself and quit citing poetry w/out giving proper credit. No, seriously......
  • beardedwarriortx
    beardedwarriortx Posts: 238 Member
    Write me a poem I can send to people called "I'm sorry I did that when I was drunk"

Man that would take me years to send out those apologies!
  • Although I am an original friend I am probably not one you were hoping to reach lol but welcome back P
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Mommy said don't trust strangers, but I can't even trust mommy.. Wat do?!
  • TheApocalypse
    TheApocalypse Posts: 319 Member
    Are we talking real life friends here or MFP "friends"?

Friends I made on MFP but grew vary close to. I relied on them and talked to many of them daily... So while I never met them IRL, I'd consider them real life friends.
  • TheApocalypse
    TheApocalypse Posts: 319 Member

While I feel as though this isn't a genuine statement/request... I can write on anything