I enjoy meat frequently.

Options
All kinds of meat , generally Pork and Chicken , but no bacon , I actualy hate it .
grilled pork fillets are my favorite .

I enjoy meat frequently with sallad and brown bread. However
I've had a lot of people tell me that It's unhealthy to eat meat so frequently.
I don't have any health issues like cholesterol , high pressure or sugar levels.

Is it true ? Can I still lose weight even if 60% of my nutrition is meat based?

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight no matter what you eat. If you eat nothing but chocolate all day but keep within your calories you'll lose weight.

I don't know much about the health side of it, I can't imagine you're going to do yourself too much harm from eating lots of meat. But I do know that you'll lose weight if you're in a deficit.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    All kinds of meat , generally Pork and Chicken , but no bacon , I actualy hate it .

I don't have any health issues like cholesterol , high pressure or sugar levels.

Lol
  • Cyriacos
    Options
    haha , I don't eat huge portions , I just like to eat it frequently :)
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?
  • Cyriacos
    Options

Lol

Roflmao , gay undertones not on purpose.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Meat is great. People are just clueless.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    and eat some berries with them. :)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

:laugh:
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    This thread is likely to get all kinds of attention - great title!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    How... can you say such mean things about bacon?? What has bacon done to you to deserve that?! :frown:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If you like the meat, eat the meat. No judgment. ...from me. ...for now.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

Lol

Roflmao , gay undertones not on purpose.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Nor with what you were actually talking about (aside from your unholy hatred for bacon).
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    yes you can!!!!
  • AuroraCoL
    AuroraCoL Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    There are concerns about the quality of meat that has been exposed to different harmful elements in its production. For example, what was in the feed? Were antibiotics added? Preservatives? Are there side effects from these additives? There are also concerns regarding the sustainability of high volumes of meat production, and the damaging long term effect on the environment. Many consumers worry about the treatment of the animals prior to slaughter.

That being said, if you enjoy meat, it's a great way to get many vital nutrients. I think in terms of dieting, it's very important not to abstain too strictly from your favorite foods. So long as portions are used correctly, there is no reason that you can't reach you weight loss goals while enjoying meat. If you are worried about the quality of the meat or about potentially harmful additives, there are many alternatives that can be found with a little research. (For example, local organic farmers). But that's up to you.

Cheers
  • lumpyspaceprincess123
    Options

You're my new favorite person!! :laugh:
  • BluebirdsAndRoses
    Options

Love it! This made me laugh!
  • DreJr89
    Options
    As long as you count your calories and keep track of your nutrition you could still lose weight. The question about health really depends on the quality meat you are eating, IMO. If you are eating organic meat with no hormones and antibiotics then I say it is probably a lot healthier than eating a cheap slab of meat grown in lab/factory. There is still not enough scientific evidence to fully support my opinion about organic vs non-organic & GMOs vs non-GMOs but it's better to be safe than sorry.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    In to find people who love to eat meat.
  • Soufre
    Soufre Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I eat so much meat. 60-70% of my diet is meat. I just stay within my calorie goals. Seems to be working so far!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    That's funny... so do I.

If I could just figure out how to get paid simply for eating meat.