Best Protein Shakes

Options
Hello All!

Looking for the best protein shakes out their. So far I have been drinking Muscle Milk with its variety of flavors. Muscle Milk is Lactose free but I think the Whey still bother my digestive system. I heard Egg White Powder can be a tasty drink so I ordered unflavored Egg Powder. I hope to use it to both make scramble eggs for breakfast and use as a shake where I can add contents such as, vanilla, unsweetened coco powder, veggies, and so on. What are your thoughts?

Sue

Replies

• stefanieraya
    stefanieraya Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hello again!
    Look for undenatured whey protein with nothing artificial in it like sweeteners or colors.
    What type of muscle milk are you drinking? Why are you drinking it? When? Post workout?
  • suejo34
    suejo34 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    HI slray1 - Well I drink protein shakes for a meal replacement, but I eat veggies with it. I also like drinking it before and after a workout. So far I am loving the Whey (Muscle Milk) and flavors Vanilla and Strawberry. I might add a banana or some strawberries to it.
  • ChelseaGoneAwry
    ChelseaGoneAwry Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I buy my own protein and blend it with a Slim Fast and some frozen fruit (Dole sells packages of pre-cut strawberries, bananas, peaches, blueberries, etc. that have no sugar added and are only 100 calories per cup!) and drink it for lunch along with a piece of fruit or maybe some raw veggies. The frozen fruit thickens the shake and really fills me up, and Slim Fast is a bit more affordable than protein shakes.
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

Looking for the best protein shakes out their. So far I have been drinking Muscle Milk with its variety of flavors. Muscle Milk is Lactose free but I think the Whey still bother my digestive system. I heard Egg White Powder can be a tasty drink so I ordered unflavored Egg Powder. I hope to use it to both make scramble eggs for breakfast and use as a shake where I can add contents such as, vanilla, unsweetened coco powder, veggies, and so on. What are your thoughts?

Sue

Be very careful of hidden sugar!!!! and artificial ingredients which are in many of these products.... Primal Fuel is great... also Miracle Whey.
  • ataylorgardner
    ataylorgardner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I know I will probably get a lot of flack for this one but i drink Shakeology every day. At $4/serving it is more costly than most anything you will find in your grocery store but as far as I am concerned, the taste and the nutrient levels far exceed anything else out there. My health is well worth the extra cost ;)
  • Stpjudge
    Stpjudge Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I like Costco's Premier Protein and Unjury's Chocolate Splendor.
  • amandahowze1
    amandahowze1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I started drinking Herbalife protein shakes. You have to order through a distributor. But I like them so far.
  • suejo34
    Options
    I noticed Slim Fast have more calories than...lets say Muscle Milk. I am having fun mixing protein shakes and smoothies. I do find using frozen veggies and fruits does thicken the smoothies; I do not even need to add ice. I love mixing baby carrots with yogurts, and frozen fruits. I do have some frozen berries that are horribly tart. What do you do to sweeten tart fruit?
  • suejo34
    Options
    I just bought some chocolate Muscle Milk. It is sooo yummy. Have you tried to add peanut butter to your chocolate protein shakes? I am a little hesitant because of the calories in peanut butter.
  • suejo34
    Options
    I completely understand! There is no point in drinking down shakes and smoothies that are horrible to the taste....uggg. There are just some things I refuse to eat because it taste horrible; for example, goat cheese or squash. Hate it! I am happy I like the taste of Muscle Milk product. I only tried one other product and it left a starchy mess after taste.
  • mrsmayer
    Options
    I use Core MRP meal replacement powder. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie is my favorite. Just add water. It's a little gritty because the carbs are from barley and oats but that doesn't bother me. It's very filling.
  • suejo34
    Options
    Thanks!
  • sunshineonfridays
    Options
    I tried muscle milk and it hurt my stomach something vicious. I tried GNC women and mens formula the same thing happened. I tried slim fast tasted like chark. I tried many other shakes and they never worked for me or kept me full. They either hurt my stomach and made me feel nauseous or they made me jittery and hungry at the same time. I have to say the only protein supplement that worked for me is Shakeology. It actually has more vitamins, probiotics, and minerals than any other meal replacement shake I have tried. I have tried alot and spent alot on things that does not work for me but this does. I love the chocolate shake with peanut butter and honey. Also, if you average the price out a box of gnc shake formula costs 9.99 for only 4 bottles that is only going to last you one day if you follow their meal plan. If you add that up. You are actually spending more a month.
  • sunshineonfridays
    Options
    I use stevia or a truvia to sweeten up my tart fruits. I buy mines frozen from the dollar store so in order to get some to be less tart like blueberries I add a sweetener.
  • oes82330
    oes82330 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If you want to have the peanut butter flavor you can try adding PB2. It is a reduced fat peanut butter that comes in a powdered form. It only has 45 calories and is great mixed in anything you want to have the peanut butter flavor without the extra calories.
  • april9675
    Options
    Try adding a tablespoon of PB2. It is peanut butter in powder form, taste yummy without all of the calories and fat of actual peanut butter. So yummy in protein shakes!!
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I just bought some chocolate Muscle Milk. It is sooo yummy. Have you tried to add peanut butter to your chocolate protein shakes? I am a little hesitant because of the calories in peanut butter.

I use the chocolate Muscle Milk and adding a tablespoon of peanut butter and a banana to it is sooooo good! Also, try adding some flax seed to your protein shakes to help with the digestion.
  • suejo34
    Options
    I remember when I first tried Muscle Milk. I thought it gave me flatulence but it turned out to be the cabbage I was eating LOL! Thanks for your reply!
  • suejo34
    Options
    Yes! I have been hearing about flax seed but it have more calories than just taking the flax seed oil pill.
  • suejo34
    Options
    Yes! I am on it. I am ordering me some PB2. I like that it is a powder and do not have a lot of calories.