How to eat right on a limited diet?

Options
I am starting my weight loss journey today! I want to lose about 15 pounds and I have already lost about 20. What I find the most difficult is being able to eat right. I have horrible stomach issues so I cant eat fruits, vegetables, red meats, no seed, no bread or seafood. So I'm basically left with chicken. Its hard for me to keep motivated with my weight loss when its hard to eat healthy. Im a snacker and even what I can snack on ( pretzels and cheezits) are high in calories. Help!!

Replies

• kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I would visit with a dietician. Get some good ideas/recipes for healthy snacks within your restrictions.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    You can eat pretzels but not bread? What were you diagnosed with?
  • ajnolan42
    ajnolan42 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had a hole in my stomach and had emergency stomach surgery then had severe pancreatitis. I had the weirdest diet and the weirdest things make me sick. Its been a few years and I still dont get it lol
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    So looks to me like you've still got tons of foods: chicken, pasta, potatoes, rice, cheese, milk, peanut butter. There is A LOT that you can do with chicken, plus you still have dairy, and other foods, so you should be able to build a solid diet from that.
  • Susay2942
    Susay2942 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have recently started working with a dietician for similar physical issues. I had the MRT Leap test done and was shocked at my food sensitivities. This is my first week on a five phase plan to balance my diet out. I dont know if its going to help all my symptoms and I know its going to be a tuff road, but it couldnt be harder or more painful than how i have been living.

I would strongly suggest a dietician....Dr's just dont seem to be recomending them .... but I do!
    Its a little expensive, but if it helps me stay away from the Drs and surgeons Im in!