new here need help pls

Options
Hi everyone new here, I have been reading up on things to eat and I really want to lose weight I currently weight 13st 7. I'm 5 ft.7 female 24 from UK..I need to lose a few stone and I was wondering if I could live on things like just microwave uncle bens. Rice, and microwave steamed veg, with things like fish and chicken breasts, and as a snack eat things like corn on the cob with no butter and again veg as a snack, I'm not that keen on fruit like apples and stuff but I love watermelon and grapes oranges and wondered if they would be good as a sweet snack I was thinking about boiled eggs for breakfast with a banana smoothie or milkshake with just two bananas and skimmed milk just blended for lunch something like again steamed veg rice and chicken, i know it doesn't sound all that appealing and I may get bored, but with the chicken I will bake it with herbs and garlic things like that. I am on about using steam in the bag veg because it's quick easy and it tastes better my veg tends to go soggy otherwise and it's gross, basically living on fish with chicken veg and microwave rice and quinoa and abit of fruit.. Does that sound like it's abit to boring or not healthy I mean as a snack it would be a bowl of steamed veg I have the time to cook as I don't work but I just have no ideas of what to cook that is healthy and nice and easy. Sorry to bore you all to death with the details I just really want to lose a few stone I want to lose 3 stone and I'm at my withs end I was thinking about juicing aswell but not sure if it's a good idea.

Replies

• zilfig64
    zilfig64 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    First off - good luck on your Saga!!
    Secondly if you are just starting off, here are some GREAT posts to read that can really help you out - not about specific foods, but more about philosphies, and they answer a lot fo questions that you probably have:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read

http://simplesciencefitness.com/

Once you have read these, get a good basic cookbook - really it is not that hard, and if you have those ingredients you can do some great things fast.

Go to it - you can do it!
  • Lilmissevol
    Lilmissevol Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link will check it out now :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering why you're asking. Does that seem doable to you? Will you be able to portion control, log your foods, and meet your nutritional requirements? Will it bore you?

We can't answer these questions for you. Try it, log it, analyse results, tweak it.
  • Lilmissevol
    Lilmissevol Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well no I meant would I be malnourished if I ate just these foods, I guess. What I meant was living on alot of microwave rice and microwave veg and occasionally eating chicken and fish and eggs and some fruit smoothies for breakfast. I can do all the logging down what I'm eating and things like that the MFP app I have been I'm not sure if it's logged anything that I've ate but I get bored so I eat out of boredom alot and that's why I ask as a snack just eating a bag of steamed veg would that be Ok. sorry I know it seems very stupid asking this but I have Google it and it says that just these things I'd be malnourished that's why I was asking everyone here if they eat things like veg as snacks and things as substitution for chips and junk food :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Log your food, look at your nutrition, and see how you're doing w/ your macros. I use the protein & fiber goals as minimums, and take a multivitamin plus extra calcium to meet my iron & calcium goals. It will take trial & error to find what works for you.

Set your goal to 1 lb. per week. Log everything you eat accurately & honestly. Find reliable database entries. (There's a lot of incorrect data in there.) Weigh your food. Log your exercise, and eat back your exercise calories for two weeks. If you're not losing, try eating back half your exercise calories.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Edited to add: Eat "good" or "clean" or "healthy" (whatever those words mean to you) 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to binges.