Replies

• Krisydee103
    Krisydee103 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    LOL I know right!
  • Krisydee103
    Krisydee103 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I putt those stars in pictures where I feel I am VERY exposed. Its on the internet and the star makes me feel better haha! Makes sense in my mind so I do it.
  • cpsf73
    cpsf73 Posts: 27
    Options
    The week before shark week is crazy for me. I lose all control and eat EVERYTHING!
  • JustTaraaaa
    Options
    During your cycle, your hormones are fluctuating, when on your period, your body is using more glucose (from sugar) to make energy to aid the process. This then makes you crave more sugary things.

Try some dark chocolate! It's not as offensive to the waist line:happy:
  • taram1981
    taram1981 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through all of the replies, but OP it's totally ok and really in my case necessary to eat some chocolate - just go with super clean, organic dark chocolate and nibble a few pieces a day. I buy the Green & Black dark or dark/hazelnut bar, and eat 2-3 pieces a day during that TOM. Keeps my chocolate/sweets cravings at bay and helps me feel like I've had a treat.

Now, as far as craving all the other junk - I do too! And I feel more hungry! Those are harder cravings to ignore. :grumble:

Forgive me if this advice has already been posted!! :ohwell:
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    if you're gonna cave and give in to the cravings, eat GOOD chocolate. dont get the cheap stuff. it'll hit the spot with a lot less calories. couple bites of godiva vs a whole hersey bar? you do the math. ;)
  • absinthia70
    absinthia70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and salt cravings gave me my lovely lunch today of dark chocolate M&M's and crackers... so much for willpower!
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what the science is behind it, but you are not the only one who feels this way. My advice, find something chocolate, that isn't too bad in terms of fat/cals and just eat it. If you deny yourself, you are setting yourself up for failure.

Wait until you enter into the perimenopausal phase of life, and TOM is paying you more then one visit a month. It sux!!!
  • taram1981
    taram1981 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Does