what stops you from binging??

Replies

• ElizaB84
    ElizaB84 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Not denying myself foods I like.
    Once or twice a week I drink a coke.
    Once or twice a week I eat chocolate.

If I tried to deny myself those things, id end up sitting in the middle of the cookie/coke aisle covered in a sticky mess of mountain dew and chocolate. Cleanup on aisle Binge.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Allowing my diet to include foods I like that I consider 'normal' and knowing that those extra's like cake are for special occasions which is what they are suppose to be for!

Probably the most serious stop sign is looking at how horrible I look which is evidence of how awful my health is... there is no longer a piece of candy or cake or cookie or anything more important to me than looking better and staying alive.
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Chocolate meal replacement/protein powder shakes. They totally satisfy my sweet cravings.
  • SeaTurtleJenni
    SeaTurtleJenni Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Practice. Logging.

I logged and binged and saw the impact, so I tried to not binge, which resulted in fewer and smaller binges. Repeated that for a year and I really don't binge anymore. I'm also not hungry on 1200-1500 calories, whereas I used to eat 5000 or more in a day.

So basically, just time, practice and logging.
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    Self Control. Knowing where binging got me and knowing that I do not want to go there again. And after 70 days of learning how to eat and what to eat, logging, exercising, I really like the direction I am going.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    A small deficit, not letting yourself get too hungry, making sure you're getting all the nutrients you need, distraction, keeping busy, allowing yourself to have treats or maybe even avoiding trigger foods

Everyone is a bit different with what will work I think but the first three points on this list are especially important
  • davepearson86
    davepearson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Binged today (3000 kcal) because I under ate yesterday (<800). Seems if I stay at a reasonable deficit and add in what I'm craving I don't binge.
  • tchereej
    tchereej Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Telling everyone I know that I'm on a diet! Every time I want to binge I remind myself that everyone is going to know if I'm successful or if I blow it and I have too much pride to let people see me blow it!
  • wriri7_x
    wriri7_x Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I heard once that you should eat the 'bad' thing in front of a mirror!!
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Three things help me not to binge.

Eating regularly. (if I get too hungry it is a problem)

Drinking enough water.

Keeping trigger foods out of the house. (For me this is French bread & ice cream)
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Not denying myself foods I like.
    Once or twice a week I drink a coke.
    Once or twice a week I eat chocolate.

If I tried to deny myself those things, id end up sitting in the middle of the cookie/coke aisle covered in a sticky mess of mountain dew and chocolate. Cleanup on aisle Binge.

Agreed!

I find that I too don't binge, because I still eat what I like in moderation. If you can't eat certain things in moderation then try to find replacements for them.
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Eating what I want in moderation...and when I get a craving I go watch parkour videos
  • christopherphillips1983
    Options
    I don't completely deny myself "bad" foods, I simply work them off in the gym later that night. I still eat far less of them than I used to, but an occasional hot dog or Jimmy John's sandwich finds its way into my diet. Having small occasional treats generally prevents me from craving them later. I've gone cold turkey on such things before and it never ends up well.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    OK yes i've been known to binge on some things like gelatto. But if you allow yourself some of the stuff you really like and just account for it in you calorie log you will see that the junk isnt worth the calories used. Try eating good protein and drinking lots of water.
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I usually never even think of binging on days where I've already kicked butt in the gym. The key is to get a good workout in early so that you aren't tempted to ruin the day and the progress you've already made.
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    there IS ALWAYS a time when I blow it. Even when I am doing great, something comes along and I let my guard down.:ohwell:
  • Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Sigh... Sometimes nothing stops me from binging and I really let my stomach have it :ohwell:

BUT what I've found over time is what others here have said, I allow myself to eat what I like as long as it's in moderation and don't feel guilty while I'm eating it. I eat it slowly and enjoy it knowing I can have it whenever I want as long as I'm in my calorie range.

I had a fried chicken sandwich and a beer yesterday but was still in my calorie allowance. I'm not losing weight as fast as I'd like to but it's better than gaining weight through binging. Good luck!
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    don't allow yourself to ever get so hungry you want to eat a limb. that will surely throw you into a binge.

this is why i eat so often throughout the day. around every 2 hours.
  • bountifulbeauty86
    Options
    THAT'S FUNNY ME TOO!!! Chocolate cake is my demon!!!!
  • bountifulbeauty86
    Options
    Eating the bad thing in the mirror, is an awesome trick!!!!!!