What do you eat of the McDonalds Dollar menu?

Options
124»

Replies

• samueleketorp
    samueleketorp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    But still, fast food? Come on. I guess the reason why I even bother posting this is because I think it's sad to see the discussion of fast food joints as the solution to quick and dirty meals once the nutritional planning's been left to chance. We're all in the weight-loss thing for different reasons, but fast food doesn't help. Furthermore, it's not helping out planet. Think about meat production and greenhouse gasses for a while and you'll see what I'm getting at. If you want something for when you're "in a pinch", have some ready made oatmeal bars that you have in your backpack or purse. Works wonders.

And about apples not going bad - natural preservatives, all ok.
    Hamburger not going bad - chemicals, not ok.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/23/worlds-oldest-hamburger-mcdonalds_n_3139231.html
  • addieblue
    addieblue Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If I go to McDonalds, I eat the Chicken Cesar Salad or the Italian Salad (they have improved their menu a bit), but it is not at all cheap :( Here in Austria they are like 5 euro and 3.5..I am trying to avoid the burgers and other similar stuff.
  • akshngrl
    akshngrl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Right now I love that BBQ Ranch Cheeseburger. I think you can have one sandwich there in a pinch, and eat as healthy as possible the rest of the day.

Just tonight I was picking my kids up from language school and happened to tell another mom that I had been at McDonald's waiting for school to get out, using their WiFi, and had eaten a sundae and a burger. She was shocked and horrified, and I have gotten that reaction from so many people over the years. But I think to myself, SURELY I am not the only person who eats at McDonald's--and enjoys it???

I try to keep my visits infrequent and warning bells go off if I eat there more than once per week. I used to go there, order, eat, then get up and order some more. Now I can keep it to ONE sandwich off the $ menu. For me that's big progress. So I am going to keep it real and do the best I can. I'm impressed with those who never touch the stuff, but I gotta be me. That stuff just tastes good to me.
  • MileHighFitness
    MileHighFitness Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Google Jim Gaffigan Mcdonalds...hilarity!
  • creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Took nutrition class... Worst thing about fast food (Burger places) is large quantities of soda and the FRIES. When I'm on a cut and want a sandwich, I'll order a Whopper or such... (Just the sandwich).

I'm loving the new Buffalo Ranch McChicken sandwich. 350 calories and tastes fabulous!
  • cmurra6745
    cmurra6745 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    NOTHING!
  • christopherphillips1983
    Options
    Off the dollar menu specifically? Probably the McChicken. Not based on any sort of nutritional info, it's just the only thing I can tolerate on their dollar menu.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    But still, fast food? Come on. I guess the reason why I even bother posting this is because I think it's sad to see the discussion of fast food joints as the solution to quick and dirty meals once the nutritional planning's been left to chance. We're all in the weight-loss thing for different reasons, but fast food doesn't help. Furthermore, it's not helping out planet. Think about meat production and greenhouse gasses for a while and you'll see what I'm getting at. If you want something for when you're "in a pinch", have some ready made oatmeal bars that you have in your backpack or purse. Works wonders.

And about apples not going bad - natural preservatives, all ok.
    Hamburger not going bad - chemicals, not ok.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/23/worlds-oldest-hamburger-mcdonalds_n_3139231.html

Stop. Just stop.
  • zapinkleopard
    Options
    I usually buy the chicken sandwich and the $1 side salad. Then I tear up the chicken and put it on the salad for a quick chicken salad.
  • SmokeAndMirrors83
    Options
    I came in cised thinking we were going to talk some fast food... then found everyone being all sensible.

If I'm going to do fast food, I'm doing it right. My definition of "right" in this case is not synonymous with "healthy," of course. But, if I were limited to the McDonald's Dollar Menu... (note: This is an "AND" situation, not "OR")

Breakfast - Two sausage biscuits, hash brown, giant coffee.

Rest of the day - Bacon McDouble, McNuggets, Fries, Diet Coke (<--- The "diet coke" makes me feel better :smile: )

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I'm here.
  • addieblue
    addieblue Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I came in cised thinking we were going to talk some fast food... then found everyone being all sensible.

If I'm going to do fast food, I'm doing it right. My definition of "right" in this case is not synonymous with "healthy," of course. But, if I were limited to the McDonald's Dollar Menu... (note: This is an "AND" situation, not "OR")

Breakfast - Two sausage biscuits, hash brown, giant coffee.

Rest of the day - Bacon McDouble, McNuggets, Fries, Diet Coke (<--- The "diet coke" makes me feel better :smile: )

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I'm here.

Well said :happy: