Any 5" woman have success stories and or pics?

Options

Replies

• Gigigirls
    Gigigirls Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    While I don't have pics, I am experiencing some steady success. I am 4 ft. 10 3/4. Since Late August of 2013, I have been workin out at least 5 days/week and have gone from 153 to 134.5. Actually, between November 20th and today, I went from 148-134.5. I attribute the last chunk of weight lost to increased cardio, barred work, and closer attention to caloric intake. I still have a ways to go for sure, as I'm still overweight; however, I'm losing and feel that it's possible! You can continue on your journey secure in the knowledge that you can continue to have success. All the best!
  • veggiemary
    veggiemary Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a little taller than you (5'4") and I am 57 years old. On September 1, 2013 I weighed 124 pounds. I'm small boned, so extra weight really shows on me. Four months later I weigh around 108 pounds.

The most important thing I've learned with MFP is that I was not eating enough protein, partially because I'm vegetarian. I now eat an egg every day, when before I rarely ate them. I also eat lots of peanut butter, cheese, and edamame. Figure out what works for you and keep at it. Don't make it harder than it is and definitely take your time. Eventually it will just click and become routine for you.

Good luck!
  • darlingdeardc
    Options
    I am about 5'2. My starting weight was 220 lbs 2 months later my current weight is 196. The weight was dropped super fast at first naturally as I started exercising again for the first time in 10 years and only drinking water. My goal weight is 130 lbs. :-)
  • essaylight
    Options
    Just checking in. I am losing the weight, slowly.... but surely. I am down 11 pounds, working out more regularly, and seeing a definite change in shape and tone. I had a pair of size 16 pants for interviews (they fall almost completely off now)... so thats fun. I might not be able to afford my trainer much longer, so staying motivated on my own is going to be key. Feel free to add me!!!!

5'0
    start weight 158
    goal weight 125
    current weight 147

xx E
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    550601_10151858871510273_1251234885_n.jpg
    Before, not even my heaviest which was 187.

1459950_10153552860005273_1962543966_n.jpg now at 138.

Absolutely Stunning!
  • MsLaTisha83
    MsLaTisha83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This is a great post. I like to see short girl stats lol I'm 5'3 1/2. Starting weight is 173. Current weight is 164.8. I just started about 3 weeks ago with consistent diet changes. I haven't incorporated much exercise. My first goal weight is 135.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and am down 68lbs now, from 218 to 150.

1-14070_zps9e99a4ff.jpg
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm a 25 year old mom who is 5'1''. In July 2013, I weighed 167lbs. Now I weight 122lbs.

Beforephoto_zpsb921f042.jpg

Afterphoto2_zpsc4e67a4a.jpg
  • HarmonyNLife
    HarmonyNLife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am in need of motivation as well. I am 5" 191 pounds. I gained 40 lbs after my wedding and an additional 40 lbs during my pregnancy. Since giving birth 10 months ago, I've lost 12 lbs. Needles to say I am very frustrated.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I am in need of motivation as well. I am 5" 191 pounds. I gained 40 lbs after my wedding and an additional 40 lbs during my pregnancy. Since giving birth 10 months ago, I've lost 12 lbs. Needles to say I am very frustrated.

I was 105lbs before getting married, then ballooned to 150lbs. I was 150lbs when I got pregnant in 2010, was 184lbs when I delivered in 2011. I was 167lbs in July 2013 & now weigh 122lbs. i never lost any baby weight. Like, none of it came off easily. It is very frustrating. My toddler is almost 3. I didn't start dieting til she was 2. She was a fussy baby & fussy toddler so I focused all on her. Now that she's more independent, it's much easier to fit in workouts. When she was a baby, all I could think of was sleeping during my freetime, not working out. It's very difficult. www.fitenssblender.com has some mama & baby workouts.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5 (that half totally counts btw). I started out at 250 lbs.

Actually when I was 21 I was pregnant with my son, my first obgyn appt. I was 160 lbs, I had him and was 180 after he was born, when he was 4, my husband bought me the wii fit plus, I stood on that and was 230 lbs, when he was 7 I had his sister, I was 250 lbs on the nose when I found out I was pregnant with her. I lost 70 lbs in my pregnancy due to gestational diabetes, and then after she was born, I gained most of it back because I was no longer a diabetic and ate what I wanted and when I could eat. Decided I was going to get on track and since have lost a total of 133 lbs.

zmaws0.jpg

15dszux.jpg

And this is what I've been really pushing hard to work on though you can't spot reduce but you can work hard to fix an issue.

2gwidg5.jpg

I've been hovering between 117 and 125 I fluctuate between that.
  • TendaiMa
    TendaiMa Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • justkrissy
    justkrissy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    edit
  • justkrissy
    justkrissy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    this.png
  • missy6744
    missy6744 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft, my highest weight ever was 206, started fitness pal at 198, now down to 177. My goal is 120, MFP is a great tool. My best friend used it to lose 110 lbs and has kept it off for 2 yrs.
  • missy6744
    missy6744 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Your are truly inspirational, thanks for sharing.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    So, my transformation is a little bit different. Some may look at these pictures and not see any change at all, but I see a huge change. Funny thing is- in the top pictures, I was obsessed with counting calories. I always felt so guilty for eating out, I would do hours upon hours of cardio on the treadmill, I was depressed.... And I didn't seem to be getting anywhere. I ended up developing an eating disorder that got me down to about 112 pounds, but I gained it all back once I started eating normally again. The thing was, the mind-set stayed with me. I counted literally every single calorie I ate, refused to go out to eat because I was afraid of the calories in food, would skip meals, would refuse to get off the treadmill until at least an hour was up, then I'd get on the stationary bike... would choose the gym over hanging out with family or friends. I would lay in the bathroom or my bedroom and cry for hours because I despised the way I looked. I'd wear nothing but sweatpants and sweatshirts so people couldn't see my body. I was depressed and hungry.

Fast forward about a year and this is me now. I am in LOVE with lifting. I eat more calories daily than I ever have in my life. I eat balance of "healthy" and "unhealthy" foods through IIFYM. I go out to eat 3-4 times a week. I lift 3-5 times a week. Cardio when I have time, usually in the form of Zumba. I have increased my squat and deadlift to 1.5x body weight. I am happier than ever before and love seeing my body change. I DO WORK in the gym and absolutely love when people see me walk in and expect this little girl (only 5'0 flat here) to just cardio-bunny it up. Nope, give me those weights.

The BIGGEST transformation for me was my mind set and my confidence. You can eat fruits and veggies, workout all the time and look great all you want, but if you aren't happy..... you aren't healthy.

Top pics- 125 pounds 25% body fat

Bottom pics- 122 pounds, 18.6% body fat

Only 3 pounds different, but a whole new outlook on life and fitness. Huzzah!

1e30qe.jpg

dmfo75.jpg
  • ktbkitten
    Options
    @ Swehl
    Man, we are built so similar. It's hard to find someone else on here who is under 5 ft. you look great! It should really give me some motivation because I am at your starting weight. I really need to get my butt in gear! Congrats on the loss, you look wonderful.

I am 4 foot 11 inches. I have been going back and forth on my weight loss and I can't seem to keep up my motivation. I have promised myself that I will once again be starting Insanity on Monday. Hopefully I can get that scale moving down and keep it down. Congrats to everyone, you all look great!

Feel free to friend request me. I could use some more shorties on friend list!
  • wattsywoo
    wattsywoo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I cant tell you how happy I am that this thread EXISTS! I am 36 years old and currently weigh 134lbs. I have been 'serious' about getter slimmer and thinner since Jan 6th and have lost 5lbs so far.

I had a baby in september so im using my maternity leave to try and get into a fitter state- not much time to get out and go to the Gym or go running (which I LOVE) but have been doing 30 Day Shred and Davina McCall Dvds at home.

Hope to be able to post some before and after pics soon!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!