Hello- Newbie here

Options
I've used MFP in the past to keep track of things but never to actually interact with others. This time I'm thinking it will be motivating & encouraging to interact & share with others.
I'm at a point where I'm ready to do what it takes to get healthy inside & out. I need to lose 80+ lbs. I want to become more active & less sedentary. I've let my health issues define me & hold me back for 15 years. I'm ready to stop hiding behind my health issues. I'm a stay at home mom & have lived a shut-in lifestyle for many years, I don't really have any friends so my support network is nonexistent outside of family. My family is great but they don't really relate to the weight struggle. I miss having friends & doing things with them. I hope that I can find people on here who share my desire to lose weight & become healthier while supporting eachother. This is my first step in becoming more active, losing weight, & hopefully making new friends.
If you're looking to find someone who will help you stay on track to meet your goals with friendship, encouragement, and accountability, add me as a friend!

Replies

• loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I accepted your request. I log everyday and try to be supportive to my MFP friends. Interacting, and sharing can be a huge help. Knowing you are not alone, that other people share your struggles and your accomplishments can be a wonderful motivator and support system.
    Welcome!
  • Cannotpickname
    Cannotpickname Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hope you don't mind but I'd like to add you both! I could use some support and happy to provide it, too!