Hi! :) Looking to meet friends and build a support system

Options
Hi my name is Melissa. I'm new to myfitnesspal. I am 23 years old and I currently weigh 233 pounds. this is the biggest I have ever been. I was in a bit of a depression about it for a while but finally I decided to pull myself together and make a lifestyle change. I have always struggled with my weight and have always tried to resolve my issues with crash dieting. It works in the moment but it is only temporary and you end up gaining the weight back, sometimes even double! My goal is to be 175 by the end of this year. If it takes me a little longer then that, I'm okay with it. I am in no rush. I am exercising and making smarter choices when it comes to my eating habits. I am looking to meet friends on here who will keep me on track and I would love some advice from those who have reached their goal or are close to it. I am also here to be a support system for anyone who needs it! I'm a good listener ;) Feel free to add me! I look forward to sharing my journey!

Replies

• savagejane2
    Options
    Hello. Sounds like you are on the right track and not being in a hurry this time to lose will most certainly help in keeping it off. At least, that is what I have been told. Let's both hope they are right.
    I am in the market for some supporters as well.
  • mellyr910
    Options
    Thanks! I'm more than happy to be here for you and share our experiences. I think it's just about changing your life style entirely. learning how to use substitutions for things you would normally eat. for example, the other night I was craving a bacon cheeseburger soooo bad! Instead I made a home made turkey burger from ground turkey, I put some turkey bacon in the toaster oven because I didn't want to fry it. I used non fat swiss cheese and put it on my flax seed whole wheat bread. It was delicious. It's substitutions like that, that will keep you satisfied and on the right track
  • fortworthbret1
    Options
    The support from the other members here is great.

Feel free to add me as well.

They can push us, and encourage us.

You'll get there.
  • deflepchik
    Options
    I would be happy to add you as a friend! The more people the better.......
  • fitformidlife
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! Weight gain can be depressing, but you're in the right spot to turn that around. Support is vitally important to an overall holistic program. That's the main reason I signed up here, in addition to the food tracking. You can do it, and there are plenty of people here willing to help.
  • mellyr910
    Options
    Thanks guys! I love all the support!!!
  • SarahMS79
    SarahMS79 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to MFP. I have also suffered from major depression because of my weight. This year I have about 70 pounds to lose. I log every day and I am always looking for new friends. Feel free to add me, we can encourage each other!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I Love how you handled your craving and the substitution. Great Job!!! You are on your way!

Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm closer to goal but still have fat and toning to do. I'll be here a long time. It keeps me on track

Nancy
  • wkhauser
    wkhauser Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as well.
  • teerae326
    teerae326 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 as well. I started MFP at 201 lbs and at my height, no bueno. I need at least one friend that's willing to really hold me accountable with exercising. I get on daily, even though I don't log my food consistently. Best of luck to you!
  • ukulelesez
    Options
    Hi there, it sounds like our starting point and target is very similar, so I'll send a friend request. Would be great to try to motivate each other.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Great job so far learning to be healthier!

Please feel free to add me :flowerforyou:

(anyone else too lol)

I'm really active M-F while I'm at work, but I don't comment much on the weekends (only do logging from my phone)
  • 20ever
    20ever Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Pencil me in if you would like. No problem for me to stick my foot in your a55 if you need it!
  • Ts13
    Ts13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm 32 and looking for support group as well. My main goal is to lose weight and boost confidence. I'm hoping to join some challenges and keep motivated. Feel free to add me please.
    Tan xx
  • Tabbycat54
    Tabbycat54 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If you need someone else in your support system, I would love to be a part of it! Motivation is key for keeping this going :)
  • mellyr910
    Options
    I love all the support I am feeling from all of you guys! this is awesome! anyone have any tips or advice they can share with me? btw I am the loving the new style of cooking I've developed! Last night for dinner I made steamed spinach with mushrooms and shrimp and threw it over some whole wheat penne pasta! It was delicious! who new trying healthy recipes could be so fun?!
  • Feervi
    Feervi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi people!! I am new as well. I have decided to pull myself together and stop getting bigger. I think most of us are here to get motivated, si feel free to add me c: