Today I reached my "goal weight" ...

Options

Replies

• PlayBall5
    PlayBall5 Posts: 125
    Options
    Nice job! You look hot! I hit my half way goal weight today. Since January 1st I have lost 10.5 lbs.
  • DaveMurphy6
    DaveMurphy6 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congrats..Now set a new goal. If not fitness, something else you want to accomplish
  • sbk204
    sbk204 Posts: 16
    Options
    Good job - congrats!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I think as women, we have a lot of trouble seeing ourselves as others see us. We have all these negative filters that we see ourselves through. If you are at a weight that is considered healthy for your height, you can rest assured that you probably look great. (If in doubt, reflect on this- are other people telling you that you look great? If so, you are probably being too hard on yourself!)

This. Careful of losing ever more weight ....or going into body building....
    I think these are just ways to avoid saying, I'm where I wanted to be now!
    Reaching the goal can be difficult in itself!

I suggested weights, but I wasn't suggesting she needs to go into bodybuilding or lose more weight. She looks very slender to me. But, I also understand wanting some nice curves and to be the best we can be (as we've been before). I had a gorgeous perky booty. But, approaching my mid thirties, and after gaining and losing 10 pounds (or less), it didn't look quite as round, firm, perky as did when I was a tad younger (with a bit more muscle that comes along with being young and fit). So, I started weights, and it perked right back up again. Lifting weights also allowed my body to gain a tiny bit of muscle (like a few pounds), and then I was able to drop a little fat and stay the same weight, but go down in my measurements and clothing size (2-3 sizes smaller). And the other benefit has been to my body functioning. Instead of injuring myself with hours of high impact cardio and ever increasing body weight exercises. I can lift weights for 45 minutes 3 times a week. I lift heavy for me, but not to any kind of excess. I'm not a body builder or a power lifter. I'm a fit, dancer, mother, looking young for my age. And I am more functional and in less pain than I was before. When we recommend weights, obviously the info comes from body builders and those are the photos you see. Because that is what they do professionally. But, I'm not a professional body builder, and most people that lift weights aren't. Same with many other fitness fields. When I tell people I lift weights they are always in shock and say, "But, you look too small to lift weights!" Adding strength training is the most up-to-date info in the field of fitness now. Just about almost everyone is realizing how effective it is and dispelling the myths. This is about long term fitness for a lifetime. And not gaining the weight back. Maintaining youthfulness.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Way to go, you look great!
  • pjb58
    pjb58 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! I too have reached my weight loss goal and am now working with weights to tone.
    At 55 my next goal is to shed the "chicken fat" on my arms.

Again, congratulations
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am close to goal weight, but past my original goal weight of 120. Once I got close to 120, I realized I wasn't where I wanted to be, so I found some images of bf%. I picked an ideal image for me. What I find attractive for my body shape, it turns out for me, I will feel best at 17-18% bf. I am at 20% right now. So just 2% to go, which meant lowering the scale # a bit further. I suggest you figure out how you want your body to look, then take the steps to get there. Is it an increase in fitness that you would like? Bigger muscles, or just skinnier in certain areas? Is your tummy still a little fuller than you would like it to be?
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I think as women, we have a lot of trouble seeing ourselves as others see us. We have all these negative filters that we see ourselves through. If you are at a weight that is considered healthy for your height, you can rest assured that you probably look great. (If in doubt, reflect on this- are other people telling you that you look great? If so, you are probably being too hard on yourself!)

This. Careful of losing ever more weight ....or going into body building....
    I think these are just ways to avoid saying, I'm where I wanted to be now!
    Reaching the goal can be difficult in itself!

Uhhhhhhhhh, what's wrong with body building??
  • msmegz23
    Options
    I think you look gorgeous, girl! Your looking trim and healthy. In the past when I had weight loss I could always find a negative about me. Us girl we do that you know!? Kill those ants aka negative feelings, because your looking great!
  • vptayler
    Options
    Congratulations! :smile:
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And the answer is no. I have days where I feel awesome, but mostly I still feel like a busted can of biscuits. But when I was at my thinnest, I felt puny, knowing I needed to add some muscle. I try to just remind myself that I'm healthy. I set new non-scale goals for myself: run a half-marathon, do an un-assisted pull-up, try a new fitness class, join a friend in her fitness pursuits, etc. It's all about enjoying yourself now. :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • mboromom
    mboromom Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!!! Congrats on meeting your goal weight, bask in the sunlight because YOU DID IT!!!! Enjoy your moment then do whatever you feel is right for you.
  • chrs86
    chrs86 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy but I felt the same way last year going from 193-160. I ended up getting down to 155 but, stopped maintaining after a couple months. So now I'm back. I don't think it would hurt to lose some as long as you stay above the lowest BMI index. Oh, and congratulations on reaching your goal!
  • PlayBall5
    PlayBall5 Posts: 125
    Options
    I started a month ago and today I hit my half way goal point. I have lost 10 pounds since January 1st. I noticed the other day I am totally addicted to the gym. I count the minutes until I can get back. If you knew me you would think that is crazy talk. My family thinks I have gone insane. I probably have but I have never felt better in all my life.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm a little nervous about meeting my goal and going into maintenance mode. Keep us updated.
  • debbienglish
    Options
    Congratulations on achieving your goal!!:flowerforyou: !!
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm avoiding the scale right now, but know that I have lost a bit. Even (what I'm assuming is) a few pounds difference has made me feel better in my skin and clothes. I take the time to take care of and pamper myself, so I'm generally happy with how I look - just working on those extra pounds.

Original poster, and everyone else who as commented, are all lovely looking people. OP, you're rocking that dress! And look so confident and happy in it! That image evokes the response of "I want to be her". I suggest that you take some time to enjoy your success before deciding that you're still unsatisfied. Take a long look at yourself in the mirror and list the things that you love about your body now. Pamper your skin. Etc.

Hopefully you'll soon be able to say, without hesitation, whether you're happy with where your current maintenance level is.

:)

This made my day. Thanks so much for your encouraging words!
  • aarilynn
    aarilynn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    First of all congrats! :) You look amazing!

I hit my goal weight a year ago, but have put on 10 pounds sadly. When I hit my goal weight, I thought I needed to lose more. I wasn't content with being 135lbs; I still had stubborn belly fat, but now when I look back I can't believe I thought I needed to lose more weight. What I needed to do at that point was slowly increase my calories and work on muscle and fat loss, rather than only focusing on losing pounds. I upped my calories too fast and gained weight. I think it just didn't really registered in my head how I really looked. If I was at my goal weight right now, and I didn't feel like I was content, I would probably just slow down the weight loss... so say you were eating 1500, I'd up it a 100 calories and only lose .X per week. I'd work more strength training. Maybe you aren't really registering either that this is now your body and you look good. Incorporating more time to weights/strength training and focusing less on losing weight is what I'd do if I didn't feel content, because that's all my body needed last time I got to my goal weight! :)
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I hit goal (140) but didn't look like I wanted so I reset my goal weight. I am at goal again (125) and I still don't look like I want--but I decided that I am at a healthy weight and I really want to be active and strong, so my goal has changed. Now I want to do a 10 mile run and I want to build muscle. I am now running several times a week, have run as much as 5.5 miles in one day, and doing strength training. I am hoping that in a few months or a year I will build more muscle, and be in even better condition.

I think everybody's goals change once they hit their original goal weight.